Do you even care about printing.

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by Defendandprotect32, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Defendandprotect32

Defendandprotect32 Well-Known Member

Chicago
    Stopped at the quick store for a cup of Joe the other morning.police were in the store and I knew I was printing some.no problem,but am I still a bit to aware of printing I believe.what is your comfort level.

2. stokes

stokes Active Member

I dont pay too much attention to the matter.As I have said in other posts/threads,I carried a 4" S&W mod 10,a 2" S&W mod 60 and a Glock 19 for over 30 years riding the NYC subway and busses,rush hour crowds,winter and summer.Never had a problem.You just have to wear what you believe will keep it concealed.I often would wear a loose tshirt over IWB No matter what, you will print in certain instances,bending down etc.When in a crowded situation I would position my arm so it would be between the gun and anybody nearby.What I see as a bigger problem,and not always just with people new to CC is the habit of pulling at a shirt or jacket covering a gun and adjusting things and just generally telegraphing in some way.Just wear loose fitting clothes and forget about it.

3. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

Sometimes I don't but I really do not want to advertise that I am carrying. I can open carry and it's legal here but really don't want it to be visible.

Bayou, LElliott, RevV and 2 others like this.
  4. stokes

stokes Active Member

Of course I dont want to advertise but I dont obsess over it.Theres only so much you can do.Just dont wear tight fitting,short shirts and outerwear.

LElliott likes this.
  5. mattm

mattm last one, I promise Supporter

I believe, with the right attitude, you could carry a Barrett M107 and no one will notice. With the wrong attitude, everyone will be aware of your Glock 43.
    Some exaggeration, but attitude, self awareness, obsession with firearm makes a little print become a billboard. I generally open carry, under a shirt. Just got back from a 3 mile walk. Talked to 3 women and 2 men, no one noticed or cared.

6. stokes

stokes Active Member

Open carry?Under a shirt?If its under a shirt,its not open carry,no?

AUTigerman and MamboMedic like this.
  7. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

Yes, I always open carry too, but inside my pants... As long as I keep my pants on you cant see it.

I'm not sure I "obsess" about it, but I pretty much make sure it stays concealed in all but very unusual circumstances.

8. Southlake

Southlake Island Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

I’d be shocked if anyone knew I was in the room, never mind if I’m printing.

9. Toni77

Toni77 Well-Known Member Supporter

10. mattm

Good question. Holster on my belt, untucked shirt. Wife bought me some long tees (I'm 6'2) and yeah..I can conceal a 1911 now.
    To me, concealed is iwb, belly band, shoulder holster, but maybe this is concealed. Seems to be, since noone notices, but I just credit my sparkling smile and personality for that lol.

3minutestill4 and LElliott like this.
  11. stokes

stokes Active Member

I often carry a pancake holster on my belt under an untucked button down,often a flannel in cool weather,shirt.We dont have open carry in NY so that is concealed.

Steelie68 and mattm like this.
  12. mattm

I recently found out the city next to my town doesn't permit open carry, which makes me happy I've tried for discretion in my carry habits. Did get noticed by the guy at the gun shop last week, belly band, rib cage...but gun stores don't count :cool:

LElliott likes this.
  13. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

Interesting that you can open carry in your town but not in the next town over ? I thought those laws were state laws....not city laws ?

LElliott likes this.
  14. mattm

Yeah, state law allows open/concealed with permit, but I got surprised a few weeks back reading some towns have an ordinance banning open carry. Gun laws are way too convoluted. We should just have a nationwide amendment or sumptin'.:rolleyes:

Steelie68 and LElliott like this.
  15. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

Wow, really ? What state is this ?

16. GlocksN

GlocksN Well-Known Member Supporter

" do you even care about printing "

No.

17. mattm

CT, "the constipation state" originally coined "the Constitution state"
    Home of Blumenthal and Murphy, and our previous gov Malloy called the NRA a terrorist organization. Tried quintupling our permit fee, and we also had a legislator try for a 50% ammo tax. Amazing how dems hate poor people, though it made for a great defense.

18. HJB

HJB Well-Known Member

Aha...

Blumenthal ….how can that guy show his face on TV to complain about A. G. Barr and the things he says when Blumenthal is a know, proven and admitted liar about his military service. How do you guys keep electing that scum bag ? Don't know anything about Murphy.

But I never knew any state allowed cities to make up their own rules for gun rules and laws. Ridiculous.

I'm in Texas so lots I probably don't understand about your neck of the woods !

Steelie68, LElliott and mattm like this.
  19. mattm

Watching the vote is interesting here. There's Rt. 8, follows the Naugatuck River, from Winsted, where my gun club is, down to Lockheed/Sikorsky helicopter. This stretch of the state votes 2:1 red. My town is 100% GOP in town hall. Old manufacturing stretch, brass mills a bit south of me, small shops and woods from my town north.
    Unfortunately, the rest of the state believes in the lying donkey.

20. stokes

stokes Active Member

Iowa has a similar law in the works right now

GLK71 likes this.