Do you carry when your not supposed to?

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by ct34x4, Jul 26, 2012.

1. ct34x4

ct34x4 New Member

With all the places we can't carry concealed, how many of you still carry in those places? I've been guilty of it before. I've carried to places like theatres before with little thought as to it being illegal. Here in NC it is illegal to conceal carry in an establishment that charges admission.

2. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

I plead the 5th on this one. :D

Posting in public internet forums can be used against you in the event of legal action down the road. ;)

Some of the local gun shows ask if you are carrying. If you are, they ask you into a seperate line, uncase/unholster, then THEY (which is dangerous in and of itself) clear the weapon for you and put a zip tie through. I know plenty of people who just say "no, i'm not carrying" to the LEO at the door.

YMMV,
    D

3. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

No.............

4. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Depends on the place but ya sometimes.

5. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

"Do you carry where you are not supposed to?"

According to the second amendment, no I do not.

6. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

I never carry water for anyone, but I have carried a torch or two. I carry a grudge with ease, & have even been known to burn bridges with folks still on them.

True confessions on an internet forum? I'll pass.

7. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Better to be jugde by 12 then carried by 6. Guess some people rather be carried by 6 these days...

8. denverr1

denverr1 New Member

What they don't know won't hurt them !

If caught u get scolded , if you had to defend yourself and others hopefully praised ! ;0)

9. fls348

fls348 New Member

I find it some what amusing ppl actually think any atty.'s are prowling through forums to find dirt on someone for a lawsuit...........

I've been in the business 15yrs. never heard of it every happening once........well OK maybe on TV.

10. Glockwork

Glockwork Member

Iowa
    I went on a RV factory tour once that started in a main building with no signs posted then we boarded a bus to take to another location. The gates posted no weapons but I was already on the bus, what was I to do?

11. Eye_Peeled

Eye_Peeled 8th Gen. Fla Cracker (not creepy though)

I try to avoid such establishments—theaters included. I prefer to also avoid the stigma of "sitting duck" and actually, the two are one and the same.

12. Tape

Tape New Member

yes, banks, doctors office, police DP but no place where there is a metal detector at the front door.

13. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Unfortunately, I think you are the exception. If companies are doing it as part of their hiring process, you can bet your rear the younger crop of attorneys are doing it.

Nothing on the Internet ever goes away. This is all public. Heaven forbid something happens 10 years from now. And something I post comes back to bite me.

Say what you want, i'd rather not give anyone any ammunition.

Ymmv

D

14. CCSir

CCSir Well-Known Member Supporter

Ohio
    Um.....no way in hell. If they don't want me there then I am more than happy to take my business and spend my hard earned money elsewhere.

15. ckuenzer331

ckuenzer331 Member

I don't know about forums, but FB and Twitter have been used...

16. butcherboy

butcherboy New Member

This is a terrible thread.

17. Glenn34

Glenn34 Gun Nut

I've seen this statement before but never understood it.

Can you explain why it's dangerous for someone else to clear your weapon? I'm assuming these people are knowledgeable on how to do it, not just some rookies.

18. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Well-Known Member

If it is ILLEGAL or not allowed by Employee policy, I don't do it:

Work
    Schools
    Post Office
    Airports
    Etc

Do not risk it. It only hurts our PRIVILEGE to Carry. It also harms our 2nd Amendment RIGHTS when someone does not follow the letter of the law.

19. Nyckid211

Nyckid211 New Member

I agree with D and I can explain why. Often times, the person at the door may not be as knowledgeable as you think. I can see this leading to a nd, but what happens more often is before they unload your weapon, you will be muzzle sweeped and they can be very oblivious to this, as if it's okay or should be acceptable. Definitely isn't okay with me, nor should it be acceptable by anyone.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  20. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

There are lots of reasons, but you already named the all time big one.

The First Rule of Firearm Safety = Never Assume Anything When Loaded Firearms Are Involved.

Personally, I don't like anyone handing me a loaded weapon. It goes directly against everything I've ever been taught. Hand it too me mag out, bolt locked open, & chamber clear, or I won't take it. Not a pet peeve or anything. In The Marine Corps, if you present a loaded weapon to an Officer for inspection, you go straight to the Brig. Big no no. Very bad JuJu. It's been awhile, but I doubt they've changed that.