Divorce_Rebuilding the Glock collection:(

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Glockfather, Jan 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Glockfather

Glockfather Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Sadly I only have my CCW(G43) remaining. Had to sell off a lot of things I’d accumulated over the years but such is life for now. Wanted to get recommendations on the best place to pick up a couple LEO trade-ins. Who has the best deal considering price and quality? Thanks

2. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Location would help people help you more as well as transfer rules

Glockfather likes this.

3. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Recoil Gun works
    Aim surplus
    GT Distributors
    DSG Arms

those are probably the biggest dealers in surplus guns and good prices.

TheKraken and Glockfather like this.
  4. Glockfather

Glockfather Member Lifetime Supporting Member

I’m near Knoxville TN.

5. Defendandprotect32

Defendandprotect32 Well-Known Member

Chicago
    Sportsman outdoor superstore has a bunch of them.

Glockfather likes this.
  6. dg370

dg370 New Member

GT Distributors in Roseville, GA. FFL in the TN section of the store.

Glockfather likes this.
  7. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

I’ve been there. It sucks. Keep your head up, and rebuild that collection!!

MAC A Voyage and Glockfather like this.
  8. Firedog

Firedog Well-Known Member

When I went through mine she threatened to go after my house in AZ, my old Chevy truck, Our House in VT. Every day I came home from work something else would be missing from the house. The only thing she NEVER EVER MENTIONED were my guns, NOT ONCE. All women know what the buttons are to push to get a reaction and she knew that would be the "SELF DESTRUCT" button and knew not to EVER GO THERE!

Like said above keep your head up and go forward never straight just forward.

MAC A Voyage, Glockfather and Danzig like this.
  9. GlockGhost

GlockGhost Active Member

Aim Surplus.com has some that move thru there.

Glockfather likes this.
  10. GlockGhost

GlockGhost Active Member

I actually got interested in handguns after my divorce so no brainer there. If she only knew now.

11. NQNPIII

NQNPIII Well-Known Member

Been through 4 divorces. First one I did a quit claim to the house when she proved she was capable of getting the mortgage in her name. She paid for the uncontested divorce through a lawyer. $2500. In turn I kept my land in Florida which I owned outright before I married her. We were supposed to split the lawyer fee. He didn't put it in the agreement. I picked up on that and signed it fast!

I got #2 to do a quit claim to the place I'm living in now. I bought this place outright when we were married. Made her pay for the divorce. She got nothing.

#3 I paid for the divorce. Less than $300. Uncontested. She kept her stuff, and house and I kept mine.

#4 This one was a pip. I asked what she wanted to go quietly into the mist. We never lived together. She wanted $750 a month for a year for rent, car insurance paid. I offered her $2500 in a lump sum. Declined! She swore she was going to stick the screws to me. I wasn't at the hearing she wanted an annulment. I almost went along with the lie and decided to stick my finger in her eye. Lied to the judge I was holding he daughter's campaign ribbons, medals, and dog tags, they were never here. Her late daughter's mother in law had them for the grandkids whom she and her hubby have custody of. Tried to get some jewelry I bought, and never gave her. Told her I would give it to homeless guy for beer money. She told the judge that, he thought it was funny. Never mentioned the medals etc at the divorce. It took 30 minutes for the judge to wrap it up! With attorney and court costs just shy of $1700. She got nothing.

Tennessee is great for divorces. You get what you walked in with.

There will not be a #5

Dargun and Glockfather like this.
  12. Danzig

Texas
    About time you learnt your lesson!:D

LElliott, Glockfather and NQNPIII like this.
  13. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

I bet you said that after 1, 2, & 3

MAC A Voyage and Glockfather like this.
  14. Danzig

Texas
    Should I feel left out? :confused:
    Neva been married :)

15. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Stay that way

Danzig likes this.
  16. NQNPIII

Said it after #2. I got playing around on the dating sights and was a very busy man! I met #3 that way. She and I are still friends after about 1 1/2 years. Then I got contacted via farcebook from an old high school sweetie. Silly me.......

My original plan was to wait until I was 88, marry an 18yo and die with a smile on my face. :p

Glockfather likes this.
  17. NQNPIII

I was 39 when I got married the first time. Stayed married 7 years. That was my record.
    Why buy when you get it for free.

This guy co-wrote "East bound and down" with Jerry Reed.

Glockfather and Danzig like this.
  18. Firedog

NO

19. Firedog

Prenup! I told the new GF that if we get there.