Dissappinted in my g21

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by tnmoondog, Feb 11, 2012.

1. tnmoondog

tnmoondog New Member

I bought a glock 21 used from a store that caters to police. They have a used section of glocks that were police trade ins and I bought a g21 for 380 dollars with night sights and 3 mags. The spring feels week and it is really easy to bend in my hand. My glock 19 had a stiffer slide pull than my 45. I took it to the range and you could hear the spring crank back and forwards as the slide would move. It is not as accurate as my 19 and now I wish I had kept it instead of getting the 21

2. tnmoondog

tnmoondog New Member

Let me clarify when I say spring I mean the guide rod assembly

3. JHC

JHC New Member

Just a few bucks for a new recoil spring and see how you like it. I find my G21 slide feels easier to pull back than others also. I think the gun is designed to run with a heavy slide, not so much a heavy recoil spring.

4. tnmoondog

tnmoondog New Member

The new guide rod should be here tomorrow. I hope it makes a difference as I am kind of getting nervous after shooting the gun yesterday. You could hear the spring compressing over the sound of the gun shot. I must say though the 21 is a sweet gun. Now I want to turn my sights towards a 31

5. tnmoondog

tnmoondog New Member

My new spring came in and seems to have done the trick. I will know more when I shoot it this weekend :)

6. JHC

JHC New Member

How did it shoot? All good? G21 is nice eh? I've got a G21 RTF2 and it is superb.