Display your gun safe/room concealment methods.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by havasu, Dec 23, 2011.

1. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

I myself have a small picture frame with a quick slide, so I can pull my gun within a second while in my house. My son just purchased a steel box, which is mounted in the wall, and after a quick combo push, the face drops down allowing access to his firearms.

What do you use, and could you provide pictures for us to see?

Attached Files:

• gun4.jpg
      gun4.jpg
      File size:
      98.5 KB
      Views:
    • gun3.jpg
      gun3.jpg
      File size:
      99.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  2. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

I need a safe.

I have a locked gun case, but that's more to keep the kids out of it if they ever found it.

3. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

Costco has a pretty decent safe (Bighorn IIRC) on sale right now, with a $200 discount for the next week or two, and comes with free delivery to the curb. Since this thing weighs ~ 500 pounds, I'd recommend having lots of cold beer on hand with several close friends to get it into your house. ;)

4. Shooter

Most of my friends are online, that may present issues.

The others need a two week notice to hang out with.

I'll see what I can do though.

Your is bolted to the ground right? I asked my renter and they said I couldn't do that. To me it seems they will end up with all my firearms and a safe if I don't.

5. G17XJ_BS

G17XJ_BS New Member

This is my safe in my gun cabinet

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  6. Motorcharge

Motorcharge New Member

Sold all my guns when I moved out of my last apartment. The Mossberg hung on the wall and I just had a lockbox for the 1911.

Both my room mates owned guns and there was only one entrance to the building. Then our front door had 3 deadbolts and was steal reinforced wood. All of us kept padlocks on the interior room doors in the apartment. No one was getting in there, or out alive if they did. :D

Like most guys I had a zombie emergency plan in place and that apartment building was perfect. No basement, the ground level windows all had steel bars and only 2 of them were less than 10 feet off the ground. The only building entrance was the front door and the back decks were 12 feet or so off the ground. Plus there were only 4 apartments and the second floor had roof access.

7. Shooter

What else are you guys using?

8. Sorry guys, I like you all but should SHTF or you become zombies I don't want you knowing where to look should you stumble across my place.