Glock Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Has anyone experienced discoloration on their poly lowers on their glocks? I recently bought this brown leather holster off amazon. I really like it. It's small and fits well IWB any by fat tire doesn't complain like it did with my kydex holster.

After about three weeks I've noticed that that ploy lower parts of the G19 where the gun fits snugg against the leather the grey (lowers) are turning brown from the leather. Unfortunately, they don't rub off. I've tried cleaning it with alcohol and even oil but they just slightly come off. It seems like the poly lowers absorb the leather sweat, oils, or color (whatever).

Has anyone experienced this and what did you do to fix it?

Note: There are no scuffs or scratches on the gun itself just the discoloration.

I know, I know. The Glock is workhorse. It likes to play in the mud. But I need to make sure I can dress it up for church :usa:

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Folks,

Has anyone experienced discoloration on their poly lowers on their glocks? I recently bought this brown leather holster off amazon. I really like it. It's small and fits well IWB any by fat tire doesn't complain like it did with my kydex holster.

After about three weeks I've noticed that that ploy lower parts of the G19 where the gun fits snugg against the leather the grey (lowers) are turning brown from the leather. Unfortunately, they don't rub off. I've tried cleaning it with alcohol and even oil but they just slightly come off. It seems like the poly lowers absorb the leather sweat, oils, or color (whatever).

Has anyone experienced this and what did you do to fix it?

Note: There are no scuffs or scratches on the gun itself just the discoloration.

I know, I know. The Glock is workhorse. It likes to play in the mud. But I need to make sure I can dress it up for church :usa:

Thanks
looks like a nice holster you are being to picky

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
A home remedy for removing stains from plastics/polymers is to use peanut butter. Just scrub on the spot with a cotton rag like you're using a polishing compound and remove the peanut butter with a wet rag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts