disassembly help needed

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by ming, Jun 28, 2012.

1. ming

ming Member Supporter

I've got a disassembly problem that I need help on. I have a G17 that was assembled without the recoil spring assembly. The slide is on but the barrel is forward of the locking block (with a potion of the barrel sticking out the front of the slide). I can't get the barrel back to its proper position. I also can't get the slide fully forward to remove it from the frame. Where do I go from here? I've not seen this before.

2. denverr1

denverr1 New Member

Go on YouTube and type in slide on clock without spring and there is a couple videos on it

It's easy just push slide into normal battery position and pull the trigger and it should come off

worst-case if you can slide to slide all the way back and take out the firing pin should be able to slide forward

3. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Welcome to the forum, I think all or most of us have done this at one time or another. I just had to push with a little bit more force than usual to get the slide forward after I pulled the trigger. Don't apply a great amount of force, if it isn't coming off with a firm nudge then you'll break something if you push any harder.