Glock Firearms banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a disassembly problem that I need help on. I have a G17 that was assembled without the recoil spring assembly. The slide is on but the barrel is forward of the locking block (with a potion of the barrel sticking out the front of the slide). I can't get the barrel back to its proper position. I also can't get the slide fully forward to remove it from the frame. Where do I go from here? I've not seen this before.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Go on YouTube and type in slide on clock without spring and there is a couple videos on it

It's easy just push slide into normal battery position and pull the trigger and it should come off

worst-case if you can slide to slide all the way back and take out the firing pin should be able to slide forward

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
I've got a disassembly problem that I need help on. I have a G17 that was assembled without the recoil spring assembly. The slide is on but the barrel is forward of the locking block (with a potion of the barrel sticking out the front of the slide). I can't get the barrel back to its proper position. I also can't get the slide fully forward to remove it from the frame. Where do I go from here? I've not seen this before.
Welcome to the forum, I think all or most of us have done this at one time or another. I just had to push with a little bit more force than usual to get the slide forward after I pulled the trigger. Don't apply a great amount of force, if it isn't coming off with a firm nudge then you'll break something if you push any harder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.