Disappointing range day - G19 G4

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by shootmenow, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Got a new G19 G4 yesterday with serial # RXY*** with born-on date 08/30/2011.

I was busy but wanted to just test waters so I shot 29 rounds 115gr FMJ with 3 x eratic ejections (2 to the face & 1 on top of the head) & 1 x FTE.

I was under the impression Glock had replaced the RSA on all G19 G4 produced after July 2011. Clearly that's not the case here.

2. Here's the pic of FTE.

Attached Files:

3. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

4. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

Also what ammo were you using?

5. I was using Sellier & Bellot 115gr FMJ. Never had any issues with them in my other firearms.
    My younger bro was shooting his brand new G17 G3 alongside me and was using the same lot of ammo. We even installed full auto kit on his G17 without any issues.
    Tx. Will look into that trigger housing.

6. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

Right On I was just more curious if you were using winchester white box. I was having the same issue as you but with my G23. I ignored the erratic ejections and just wore a hat and didn't notice them. Then I started getting the same FTE's. I ordered the new ejector and ran 100 rounds of federal through with out a hitch. I am still going to run a box of WWB through to see how those react since that is what I was using when I was experiencing the malfunctions.

7. Tx Justin. But you reckon its definitely not the RSA?

8. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

I can't say for sure but yours should already have the updated RSA. Glock updated the ejector but have been going through the old ones first.

9. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

Sorry for your troubles :(
    My g19 g4 is a SLZ*** ( I'll check the b.o.d. tonight ). I've shot 1k rounds (even rapid fire w/ 32rd mag) and never had a problem. I was shooting the walmart winchester & remington bulk ammo.
    Hopefully you'll get it straight soon. :cool:

10. :rolleyes:

11. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

it sounds like something that would give a batf official wood ... ( just sayin' )

12. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Change ammo. I've had the same thing happen on my G23 with Lone wolff 40/9 conversion and S&B ammo. I'm not a fan of the Green and Red Box. Put that ammo in G19 G3 and the same thing happened. Not all S&B ammo is bad, mind you. My GT27 loves their .25 ACP ammo

I'd point the finger at the ammo first, then worry about the hardware.
    It's cheaper and quicker to eliminate the ammo then to start replacing parts.

Just a thought.

D

13. I live in Pakistan.

14. Tx all for the feedback.
    In Pakistan there are not much choices in getting your hands on American ammo or even a variety of European ammo for that matter. Even if you do, it's to darn expensive. S&B 115gr FMJ costs $30/box of 50 rounds. Even if you get to buy American ammo and its being sold at a cheaper price (for ex. Fiocci, Winchester or Federal) it costs a minimum of $115/box of 50 rounds and its over 4 years old! You dont' want me to start on pruces of how much firearms costs here... Guaranteed to blow your munds off.
    I have used S&B 115gr FMJ in all my other firearms without any issue (except in Steyr S9 which is known for erratic ejections).
    Do you all think I should put atleast 500 rounds thru it, break it in and see if it gets better before I contemplate in changing any parts?

Tx all.

15. Damn typos... Pruces = Prices & Munds = Minds.

16. dwcfastrice

EHehhe. I got what you meant. ;)

How many boxes of S&B did you run through it? It could be just a crappy BOX of ammo.

Those are some CRAZY ammo prices.

Run a bunch more ammo through it. see what happens after 10 boxes.

keep us posted.

D

17. Pls excuse me for crappy cell camera pics but here you go:

Attached Files:

18. It was just a "lunch break" range test just to get a feel of my new firearm, so put only 29 rounds thru it.

Think I will do just that... Run atleast 500 rounds and see what happens. Tx.

19. dwcfastrice

Ah ok. Still, you'd expect more even with 29 rounds. But take some time with it and see what happens.

D