Glock Firearms banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
glocker4life
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K, don't ask me why but I was cleaning my 27 and I put the slide back on the frame without putting the barrel and recoil system in. So now the slide is on the frame it goes back and forth an inch or so but it won't come out, separate from the frame anymore. Wth?
Anyone done this or know how to get the slide off?
Thanks.

Bumper Gadget Wood Automotive exterior Communication Device

Attachments

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Remove the back plate, and firing pin. Should slide off.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Glad to help. I should have warned you that the back plate is a little harder to slide off with out the ability to push forward on the firing pin. Glad you were able to fix it.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
I know I am bound to do it... But was just wondering why... First thing I did when I got mine, disassembled it and played with the trigger mech cause I wanted to know how it worked...

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
K, don't ask me why but I was cleaning my 27 and I put the slide back on the frame without putting the barrel and recoil system in. So now the slide is on the frame it goes back and forth an inch or so but it won't come out, separate from the frame anymore. Wth?
Anyone done this or know how to get the slide off?
Thanks.

View attachment 7885
Yep, I've done that once LOL

·
glocker4life
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Birddogyz said:
When you get as old as us and have torn down more weapons than you remember, sometimes it just happens.
Well in my case I am young and would consider myself a beginner, hence the mistake. I guess u do these things when u r either younger or older! In between is probably the place when u r wiser. Ok, now I started making no sense. Goodnight guys!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Well in my case I am young and would consider myself a beginner, hence the mistake. I guess u do these things when u r either younger or older! In between is probably the place when u r wiser. Ok, now I started making no sense. Goodnight guys!
I am 45, act like 25, and feel like 75. The only way to get experience is to do it wrong the first time to learn what not to do.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Birddogyz said:
I am 45, act like 25, and feel like 75. The only way to get experience is to do it wrong the first time to learn what not to do.
And to read these threads so when you do end up doing it, you know what to do!

I'm a young guy too, inevitable I am going to make mistakes...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts