Difficult problem

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by tsarac, May 18, 2012.

1. tsarac

tsarac glocker4life

K, don't ask me why but I was cleaning my 27 and I put the slide back on the frame without putting the barrel and recoil system in. So now the slide is on the frame it goes back and forth an inch or so but it won't come out, separate from the frame anymore. Wth?
    Anyone done this or know how to get the slide off?
    Thanks.

image-268994085.jpg

2. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

Remove the back plate, and firing pin. Should slide off.

3. tsarac

tsarac glocker4life

Wow, that was easy. Thanks a lot man!

4. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

I know you said don't ask why but.... Why?

5. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

Glad to help. I should have warned you that the back plate is a little harder to slide off with out the ability to push forward on the firing pin. Glad you were able to fix it.

6. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

When you get as old as us and have torn down more weapons than you remember, sometimes it just happens.

7. tsarac

tsarac glocker4life

Ok, since u asked, I just wanted to see how the slide would fit and look without the barrel in it.
    Stupid enough reason for u? :)

8. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

I know I am bound to do it... But was just wondering why... First thing I did when I got mine, disassembled it and played with the trigger mech cause I wanted to know how it worked...

9. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Yep, I've done that once LOL

10. tsarac

tsarac glocker4life

Well in my case I am young and would consider myself a beginner, hence the mistake. I guess u do these things when u r either younger or older! In between is probably the place when u r wiser. Ok, now I started making no sense. Goodnight guys!

11. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

I am 45, act like 25, and feel like 75. The only way to get experience is to do it wrong the first time to learn what not to do.

12. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

And to read these threads so when you do end up doing it, you know what to do!

I'm a young guy too, inevitable I am going to make mistakes...

13. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

You can also push the slide forward so it's flush with the frame and hold it in position while you pull the trigger, then the slide will come forward off the frame.

14. tinnokr

tinnokr New Member

Sounds like me also :)

15. thinkricky

thinkricky Member Supporter

I'm never going to try this.

16. Wise words right there!!

I have done this plenty of times, it is very easy to do when you are in a "machine" mode and just going through the motions.