Glock Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought another mag for my G19 and didnt notice a difference in the new until I got it home. The new one, on the left in both pics, doesnt have the same indent as the ones I got with the gun new. I have obviously inserted the mag and it held fine. I havent shot with it in yet though. Is this a normal thing or not? Like I said, the one I bought is Glock brand.

Attachments

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
I just bought another mag for my G19 and didnt notice a difference in the new until I got it home. The new one, on the left in both pics, doesnt have the same indent as the ones I got with the gun new. I have obviously inserted the mag and it held fine. I havent shot with it in yet though. Is this a normal thing or not? Like I said, the one I bought is Glock brand.
The Gen4 mag has both notches to swap out the mag release to lefty.
Gen 3 and lower only have it setup for righty release.

·
771 Posts
Gen 3 vs. Gen 4

I think what you are seeing is the difference between a Gen 4 mag ( on the right) and a Gen 3 (on the left)...Remember, Gen 4 has a reversible mag release, so you need detents on both sides of the magazine...

Not the same issue as an ambidextrous mag release...

·
Registered
81 Posts
The one on the right is a gen4 mag. The other is not. The gen4 has that on both sides so you can swap the mag release to the other side.

If you put your mag release on the right side the other mag will not work.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats interesting. My G19 is a Gen3, but I got Gen4 mags with it. I suppose it makes sense. It also makes sense that the old guy I got the new mag from still has Gen3's. He is a huge pack rat. Plus his mind is still stuck in Nam......explains a lot.

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
Thats interesting. My G19 is a Gen3, but I got Gen4 mags with it. I suppose it makes sense. It also makes sense that the old guy I got the new mag from still has Gen3's. He is a huge pack rat. Plus his mind is still stuck in Nam......explains a lot.
Nothing wrong with gen 3 mags at all. Wish I could score some for a decent price.

·
Registered
81 Posts
ggill09 said:
I wonder if they stopped manufacturing gen3 mags.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Gen 4's work in previous models, Earlier gens not reversible on release. Earlier gen's work on Gen 4 just no reversing of the release because of the missing notches. So yes, end of production of earlier model mags.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts