Diamondback pistols.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by dosmiguel, Jul 5, 2012.

1. dosmiguel

dosmiguel New Member

Anybody ever heard of them and are they good guns?

2. RRoss

RRoss If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it! Lifetime Supporting Member

My wife bought the DB9 as her first/ccw gun. shot it 3x (I think) and we traded it in for the XD9 sub. The DB kicked more than she could handle because it is so lightweight. She had FTE time and time again (not the gun's fault. She didn't have the strength to handle it)
    Cool little guns but I'd only use it as a backup gun...and practice with it regularly if you do decide to get it.

3. I shot my mom's DB 9 and did not like it all and she couldn't get use to it either so we traded it for a G27 & SP101 357 2.25 barrel length. And she is 66 and shoots both one handed and i cabt pry them from her hands lol

4. dosmiguel

dosmiguel New Member

I have a guy wanting to trade me his 380, not sure what it's called, for my motorcycle that I payed nothing for. I also have a lady wanting to trade a ruger p85. What would you guys do?

5. dosmiguel

dosmiguel New Member

Honestly I just want to get something that I can either sell or trade for a glock.

6. AF1Sgt

AF1Sgt New Member

If the motorcycle works, accept nothing less than the out the door price of your favorite Glock. Make'em pay

7. dosmiguel

dosmiguel New Member

It's a 75 honda cb360 that needs a battery and a little bit of body work. I figure if I can trade it for a pistol that's worth anything, I'll be doing good. I mean the bike was given to me.

8. AF1Sgt

AF1Sgt New Member

No one needs to know how much you did or didn't pay... Think of it as; what's the bike worth to the buyer and how much you're trying to get out of it? I'd say pretty much any working motorcycle is worth $500 at least. Set your price, be firm and get that Glock!

9. Caseyglock19

Caseyglock19 New Member

what he said :)

10. Nyckid211

Nyckid211 New Member

I'm confused. Where does the diamondback play into the rest of this post? I got lost between the Diamondback and prospective trades for your bike.

11. dosmiguel

dosmiguel New Member

A guy want to trade a diamonback for my bike. That's really about it. Just wanted to see what everyone thought. BUT I WANT THAT GLOCK!

12. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Well-Known Member

THey're a crap shoot. Either they're ok or they will be a big PITA. My DB9 was a PITA. I have a P938 by Sig Sauer, now.

13. RRoss

RRoss If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it! Lifetime Supporting Member

The DB's retail N.I.B. for about $425. Glocks are in the $500 range. I'd say ask for more.
    Oh, and what he said ^^^ is true.

14. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Depends on when the Diamondback you're looking at was produced. You'll see people who've had issues with them, but it seems to be more of these people putting laser grips on the incorrect model of Diamondback pistol. QC does seem to be all over the board. I was/still am considering purchasing one, so I've been doing a lot of "research", as it were. Opinions are very wide ranging.

I've shot a new DB9 at the LGS. Since it's small and lightweight, it does jump a lot more in 9mm than the comparable Kel-Tec or Ruger. But that's "perceived" so it could be me. I have not shot the .380 version. I would guess that since it's a bit of a smaller round, it's a bit smoother. Expensive caliber to shoot a lot though, you'll have to take that into consideration.

I'd get one if I could do the trade.

BTW, your MC in trade, I'd do it. If you brought that to me at the dealership, i'd give you $300 tops. Since it's not functioning (it may need more than a battery), I'd be taking a risk as to having to sink another $300 to get it to "sellable" condition.

Take the deal and run with it.

my $0.02.

D