Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to pick up a G30 today from my local FFL where I purchase all of my guns. Have not received my CCW YET so the did a back ground check. This time I got denied what's up with that? What do I do to see why this happend?

·
Premium Member
4,099 Posts
The dealer that got the denial should have a number he can call to find out the reason for the denial.

·
Banned
149 Posts
If you're not a felon then they have no right to deny your rights to purchase a firearm and there is no limit to how many you can buy.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have only purchased 2 handguns and that was last Nov. all he gave me was a case number & told me I would have to go online to see why I was denied?

I found a site where they want me to submit a letter asking why they denied me along with the case number they gave me.

I just don't get it?? Nothing has changed since last Nov when I bought my other 2?

·
Premium Member
4,099 Posts
Could be as simple as your name and dob are close to the same as some dirtbag who got in trouble since the last time you purchased. There's a few guys in IL with same name, different middle initial, close to same DOB and they are all felons, if I don't put my SSN on the form I get denied.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Happysniper1 said:
Just tossing this out there....

Any traffic or parking tickets?

Or perhaps someone with same or similar name?

:confused:
No nothing has changed since my last purchase in November.

I'm pretty sure they used my old address! I just moved & since than I have submitted my CCW paper work with my new address. Maybe because they ran my old address and it didn't match my current address it caused a red flag? Hopefully I will get this worked out tomorrow!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Do u put your social down on the form. I always do. Just so stuff like that never happens. But I bet it's because the address change. Did u call and have your address changed on your FOID? I did immediately when I moved and I didn't tell them my new address before by mistake when I went to purchase a firearm and they did NOT deny me. Maybe it's just in the system. Well anyway good luck man. Hope everything works out.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NvRBanArms said:
Do u put your social down on the form. I always do. Just so stuff like that never happens. But I bet it's because the address change. Did u call and have your address changed on your FOID? I did immediately when I moved and I didn't tell them my new address before by mistake when I went to purchase a firearm and they did NOT deny me. Maybe it's just in the system. Well anyway good luck man. Hope everything works out.
Yes I put my SS on the form and my CCW PERMIT has my current address but I need to change it on my DL. THE gun shop used my old address yesterday I forgot to tell them I had moved since last Nov. and I'm pretty sure that's why I got denied. ( I HOPE )

·
Banned
14,103 Posts
No nothing has changed since my last purchase in November.

I'm pretty sure they used my old address! I just moved & since than I have submitted my CCW paper work with my new address. Maybe because they ran my old address and it didn't match my current address it caused a red flag? Hopefully I will get this worked out tomorrow!

Sounds about right...

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MiguelAngel said:
Im in the same boat. Dont worry,ATF will get at it. They pretty busy around this time. I had to wait 48hrs,since last week thursday!!! Lol
Yeah just a little worried I have around $235 in my CCW permit non refundable. I know I haven't done anything wrong it's just pisses me off that the system ****s us around like they do. But I guess it could be worse???

·
Slightly Opinionated
234 Posts
I feel lucky not to live where there is a system that is that bad. If they're busy here it just takes longer, you don't get a denial. If you have a permit, you also don't wait.

·
Banned
739 Posts
traffic or parking tickets do not disqualify you from purchasing a firearm. Also have a CWP doesn't prevent the phone call. I have a CWP and every time I buy a gun they call...That little card means you can legally conceal a weapon and don't have to wait 3-5 days to walk out with a gun.. Id def look into it man . Somethings not right.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.