Denied sale of firearm?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by Glockmaster, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Went to pick up a G30 today from my local FFL where I purchase all of my guns. Have not received my CCW YET so the did a back ground check. This time I got denied what's up with that? What do I do to see why this happend?

2. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

How many guns have you bought lately? Maybe you hit a limit.

3. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

The dealer that got the denial should have a number he can call to find out the reason for the denial.

4. If you're not a felon then they have no right to deny your rights to purchase a firearm and there is no limit to how many you can buy.

5. BORIS

BORIS New Member

Sometimes (alot) the system goes down and guess what. When it goes down everyone gets denied.

6. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

I have only purchased 2 handguns and that was last Nov. all he gave me was a case number & told me I would have to go online to see why I was denied?

I found a site where they want me to submit a letter asking why they denied me along with the case number they gave me.

I just don't get it?? Nothing has changed since last Nov when I bought my other 2?

7. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Could be as simple as your name and dob are close to the same as some dirtbag who got in trouble since the last time you purchased. There's a few guys in IL with same name, different middle initial, close to same DOB and they are all felons, if I don't put my SSN on the form I get denied.

8. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Just tossing this out there....

Any traffic or parking tickets?

Or perhaps someone with same or similar name?

:confused:

9. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

No nothing has changed since my last purchase in November.

I'm pretty sure they used my old address! I just moved & since than I have submitted my CCW paper work with my new address. Maybe because they ran my old address and it didn't match my current address it caused a red flag? Hopefully I will get this worked out tomorrow!

10. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

@Glockmaster:

That could be it! Wouldn't it be great if it was something that simple to clear up?

Good luck, and keep us informed!

11. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Thank you! It would be sweet if that's what it is. I will keep you informed.

12. NvRBanArms

NvRBanArms Member

Do u put your social down on the form. I always do. Just so stuff like that never happens. But I bet it's because the address change. Did u call and have your address changed on your FOID? I did immediately when I moved and I didn't tell them my new address before by mistake when I went to purchase a firearm and they did NOT deny me. Maybe it's just in the system. Well anyway good luck man. Hope everything works out.

13. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Yes I put my SS on the form and my CCW PERMIT has my current address but I need to change it on my DL. THE gun shop used my old address yesterday I forgot to tell them I had moved since last Nov. and I'm pretty sure that's why I got denied. ( I HOPE )

14. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Well it's day 2 now and nobody will tell me anything!! The local Sheriffs say my back ground check that they run is all good? And the gun shop refuses to run another check on me until next week! ***??

15. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Sounds about right...

16. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

Im in the same boat. Dont worry,ATF will get at it. They pretty busy around this time. I had to wait 48hrs,since last week thursday!!! Lol

17. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Yeah just a little worried I have around $235 in my CCW permit non refundable. I know I haven't done anything wrong it's just pisses me off that the system ****s us around like they do. But I guess it could be worse???

18. teksid

teksid Well-Known Member

I was denied once.The dealer said come back tomorrow and try it again because they're probably back logged(?).Too many calls coming in at once.So I waited a day,tried it again and it went through.

19. Sarabian

Sarabian Slightly Opinionated

I feel lucky not to live where there is a system that is that bad. If they're busy here it just takes longer, you don't get a denial. If you have a permit, you also don't wait.

20. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

traffic or parking tickets do not disqualify you from purchasing a firearm. Also have a CWP doesn't prevent the phone call. I have a CWP and every time I buy a gun they call...That little card means you can legally conceal a weapon and don't have to wait 3-5 days to walk out with a gun.. Id def look into it man . Somethings not right.