Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I received my holster within 5 days of order, and just got to wear it today. (I've been feeling like crap)
The construction of this thing is so awesome, especially compared to the last two holsters I bought and returned. Very durable.
I purchased an owb/iwb combo for my Glock 17 and it fits better than the last two and does not fall out if I happen to do multiple backflips or any type of extreme movement.
I jumped on my treadmill, wearing owb, and ran full speed with no signs of it moving all over the place. I jumped off and did a quick draw, smooth as butter. I also stuck my 23 in there and performed the same task. Same results, but since the 23 is smaller I might need a dedicated holster for Better concealment. 10/10 for the owb.
Now for the iwb setup.......I couldn't get it setup correctly and ended up putting it away for tomorrow. I will update with pics for both setups.
Thanks Mike P for the wonderful product and great customer service.

Edit - I'll add info about comfort when I wear it a few times for a few hours.

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should add about the 23 when I say dedicated I mean another defensive holster with less kydex. Assuming thats how it works with different sizes?

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
rickjames said:
I should add about the 23 when I say dedicated I mean another defensive holster with less kydex. Assuming thats how it works with different sizes?
It will be slightly shorter but width will remain the same.

Give a few, just got home from work and I am currently reloading some rounds to relax. I will post pics of how to install the IWB straps.

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
I got to admit I chuckled at the treadmill test, now if someone will just test it in a marathon sex session...... I think all testing will be complete.

Lmao!!!!!

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike P said:
I got to admit I chuckled at the treadmill test, now if someone will just test it in a marathon sex session...... I think all testing will be complete.

Lmao!!!!!
Hahahaha. I run quite a bit and need to get a feel for it, I just need to find a way to retain it with gym shorts.
And I'm sure someone will fulfill that sexathon for you. Haha

·
Registered
232 Posts
rickjames said:
Hahahaha. I run quite a bit and need to get a feel for it, I just need to find a way to retain it with gym shorts.
And I'm sure someone will fulfill that sexathon for you. Haha
Not to hijack the thread, but hey rickjames I run a lot too. How does the holster hold up? What are you carrying? My G19 seems too big to run with but I've never tried it.

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
runman said:
Not to hijack the thread, but hey rickjames I run a lot too. How does the holster hold up? What are you carrying? My G19 seems too big to run with but I've never tried it.
I did a test run at 9mph on my treadmill with jeans and a leather belt for about a minute, I can probably guess this isn't your attire for running, mine either but I am looking into another setup so I can run outside in gym shorts.
But the jeans and belt held up nice. No wiggle

·
Registered
232 Posts
Excellent, I was thinking about a pocket pistol but may be able to make it work. I PMd Mike P to check into the holster. You're flying by the way, 9 MPH and it still held up- pretty good!

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It did hold up nice, obviously it moved some but it wasn't out of control. The holster I ordered was molded for a 17, I didn't plan on buying a 23 at the time otherwise I would've ordered one for that instead. But the 23 fits just as good and does not feel loose at all.
I'm thinking of something along the lines of a velcro belt for gym shorts, but still haven't thought of other ways to keep it from bouncing without belt loops in place. Custom shorts? Haha

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
rickjames, sorry i didn't get the IWB strap install pics up last night. I sat down after loading some rounds and woke up in that same recliner this morning. I will get them up this afternoon when I get home from work.

I don't have an answer for jogging in shorts while wearing our holster with a compact/full size frame Glock other than wearing a good gun belt maybe under shorts???

A good gun belt such as The Wilderness Instructor makes the difference with any holster.

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
blackwolffcf said:
I personally sport the Blackhawk… I really like it.
That same exact one?
I wear sizes between 32-34, what size would I get?
People are saying in the comments that they got a size larger for it to fit correctly.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
I don't use the blackhawk for IWB. If you plan to use it for IWB then yes, get a size bigger. I have the small.

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
blackwolffcf said:
I don't use the blackhawk for IWB. If you plan to use it for IWB then yes, get a size bigger. I have the small.
What belt do you use for your crossbreed?

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
i have a black leather belt from faded glory i got at walmart for $12… double thick leather… works just fine for me.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts