Defensive Holsters

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by rickjames, May 23, 2012.

1. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

I received my holster within 5 days of order, and just got to wear it today. (I've been feeling like crap)
    The construction of this thing is so awesome, especially compared to the last two holsters I bought and returned. Very durable.
    I purchased an owb/iwb combo for my Glock 17 and it fits better than the last two and does not fall out if I happen to do multiple backflips or any type of extreme movement.
    I jumped on my treadmill, wearing owb, and ran full speed with no signs of it moving all over the place. I jumped off and did a quick draw, smooth as butter. I also stuck my 23 in there and performed the same task. Same results, but since the 23 is smaller I might need a dedicated holster for Better concealment. 10/10 for the owb.
    Now for the iwb setup.......I couldn't get it setup correctly and ended up putting it away for tomorrow. I will update with pics for both setups.
    Thanks Mike P for the wonderful product and great customer service.

Edit - I'll add info about comfort when I wear it a few times for a few hours.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  2. rickjames

I should add about the 23 when I say dedicated I mean another defensive holster with less kydex. Assuming thats how it works with different sizes?

3. It will be slightly shorter but width will remain the same.

Give a few, just got home from work and I am currently reloading some rounds to relax. I will post pics of how to install the IWB straps.

4. I got to admit I chuckled at the treadmill test, now if someone will just test it in a marathon sex session...... I think all testing will be complete.

Lmao!!!!!

5. rickjames

Hahahaha. I run quite a bit and need to get a feel for it, I just need to find a way to retain it with gym shorts.
    And I'm sure someone will fulfill that sexathon for you. Haha

6. runman

runman New Member

Not to hijack the thread, but hey rickjames I run a lot too. How does the holster hold up? What are you carrying? My G19 seems too big to run with but I've never tried it.

7. runman

runman New Member

Sorry, should have read your post again. I see you have a 17 and 23.

8. rickjames

I did a test run at 9mph on my treadmill with jeans and a leather belt for about a minute, I can probably guess this isn't your attire for running, mine either but I am looking into another setup so I can run outside in gym shorts.
    But the jeans and belt held up nice. No wiggle

9. runman

runman New Member

Excellent, I was thinking about a pocket pistol but may be able to make it work. I PMd Mike P to check into the holster. You're flying by the way, 9 MPH and it still held up- pretty good!

10. rickjames

It did hold up nice, obviously it moved some but it wasn't out of control. The holster I ordered was molded for a 17, I didn't plan on buying a 23 at the time otherwise I would've ordered one for that instead. But the 23 fits just as good and does not feel loose at all.
    I'm thinking of something along the lines of a velcro belt for gym shorts, but still haven't thought of other ways to keep it from bouncing without belt loops in place. Custom shorts? Haha

11. rickjames, sorry i didn't get the IWB strap install pics up last night. I sat down after loading some rounds and woke up in that same recliner this morning. I will get them up this afternoon when I get home from work.

I don't have an answer for jogging in shorts while wearing our holster with a compact/full size frame Glock other than wearing a good gun belt maybe under shorts???

A good gun belt such as The Wilderness Instructor makes the difference with any holster.

12. rickjames

13. rickjames

That's what happens when you get old, hahaha jp

14. Ha! Im leaning more on having to work twice as hard at work to carry the lazy 20-30yr olds. ;)

15. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

16. rickjames

That same exact one?
    I wear sizes between 32-34, what size would I get?
    People are saying in the comments that they got a size larger for it to fit correctly.

17. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

I don't use the blackhawk for IWB. If you plan to use it for IWB then yes, get a size bigger. I have the small.

18. rickjames

What belt do you use for your crossbreed?

19. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

i have a black leather belt from faded glory i got at walmart for $12… double thick leather… works just fine for me.