Defensive Concealment IWB holster review

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by jcrobert1983, May 30, 2012.

1. jcrobert1983

jcrobert1983 New Member

This is my first review so pardon the grammar. Thank you spellcheck. Well first of all I'm new to the whole In the waistband holster thing so I don't have any holsters to compare it to other than my blackhawk serpa holster but it is an out of the waistband holster. Before I begin on the holster itself let me just say that the service was excellent. All you have to do is pm Mike and he will take care of you. Mike received my holster order in one day and made the holster the next day. He even took the time to ask what color straps I wanted and sent me pictures of the holster after he made it. What really impressed me was that he got my order in the mail right before the post office closed for memorial day so I would get my order sooner. Now for the holster itself. It is a kydex holster and it fits my Glock 19 like a glove. It fits my gun and will not shake out. Someone else commented that you would forget your gun is there. I think that is a bit of a stretch but the holster is really lightweight. At first I had a little trouble with my belt loop snaps but Mike has a thread that will show you what to do. You have to snap them from the bottom first or they won't go in all the way and come unsnapped. Really not a big deal if you do it right. Anyway I wear it at the 8 or 9 o'clock position (I'm a lefty) and so far I really like it. I will do a follow up later and tell everyone how it holds up. Great job Mike. Put a logo on your holster before someone tries to rip you off. Great service great holster.

2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

And yet another great review for MIKE P. Thanks for being an awesome vendor MIKE.

3. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Can you please post pictures of the holster with gun in. And a picture of it on you?

I'm a lefty too. And am planning on purchasing from Mike soon. Thanks..

4. jcrobert1983

jcrobert1983 New Member

Certainly my pleasure. One pic is with me wearing the holster. The other 2 are pics taken from Mike with his Glock 19

image-1631737213.jpg

image-2798314702.jpg

image-1658203094.jpg

5. jcrobert1983

jcrobert1983 New Member

I like it so far and even though the crossbread holster is kydex and leather I feel that Mike's holster won't take up as much room in your pants. By the way I did have to go up one size in pants size to accommodate the holster. No big deal but it's the price you pay for concealing lol

6. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Thanks again for posting. Have you wore it without an under shirt? My biggest problem is I don't like wearing under shirts during the summer. Just wondering?

Either way I'm getting one here soon!!

7. jcrobert1983

jcrobert1983 New Member

Yes you can wear it without an undershirt. The kydex goes up high enough to protect you from the gun. However without an undershirt your grip may rub up against your back. I've had no problems though guess it would depend on your posture

8. SuperSport

SuperSport Member

Nice covers on the bed! ;). You're a lefty too?! Any way you can take pics with a shirt on? Reason being the belt loop that's on the gun looks like it protrudes and perhaps print/bulge quite a bit? Could just be the camera angle?

9. jcrobert1983

jcrobert1983 New Member

image-3213421068.jpg

I hope this helps. It was the best I could do taking the pic with my phone. Also keep in mind that I was twisting to take the picture but hope this helps

10. jcrobert1983

jcrobert1983 New Member

And to answer your question about the loops, they do stick out a bit but I'm sure they are made that way to accommodate bigger belts. Also Mike P did mention something about getting some sort of hook or clip option for people who like to tuck in their shirts

11. Awesome, glad you like it. The loops are adjustable for different size belts. Thats what the other holes are for in the straps which may get rid of some of the excess. Then if needed you can trim off the excess after making adjustments. Also keep in mind that the cant is adjustable, 3 holes in one side, 2 holes where the strap is ontop of the gun for personal comfort.

And yes, PM or email is the best way to get intouch with me vs asking something in a thread. My PM's give me instant notification even when I'm not on here.