Glock Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is an old topic. But just wanted to see where you guys stand on this. Do you think they should have shut down drilling or keep drilling?

·
1,310 Posts
Shutting down all the other wells was an economically stupid and environmentally unnecessary move. Based totally on actions to appeases the liberal base, by supposedly hurting big oil (who simply packed up and moved elsewhere) and helping the ocean (which was under no danger from properly operating wells).

Ask the good folks of Louisiana how much of a good thing it was to shut down wells.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
buzznrose said:
Shutting down all the other wells was an economically stupid and environmentally unnecessary move. Based totally on actions to appeases the liberal base, by supposedly hurting big oil (who simply packed up and moved elsewhere) and helping the ocean (which was under no danger from properly operating wells).

Ask the good folks of Louisiana how much of a good thing it was to shut down wells.
Exactly we had all these people complaining saying we need to shut it down. But until they stop driving their cars using plastics ect... They need to stop complaining.

We also had fisherman that had not work in years. And when they did they only claimed about a 1/4 of their income on taxes. But when the oil spill happened they were quick to claim it. They might have only claimed 20,000 out of 100,000 in the years before the oil spill. But when they heard BP was paying ye money out they were quick to claim the full amount.

Lol by the way I'm one of the good ole folks of south Louisiana. And just the little bit they slowed down dropped our economy big time. 90% of my family make a living in the oil field.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Have to say, I've visited family on the Mississippi coast after this happened, and we ate shrimp fresh from the Gulf every day. I'd have been uncomfortable doing this had one of my relatives not been a field ocenographer/marine biologist for the state of Mississippi who said it was really fine. And they tasted soooo goood :D

·
Banned
2,947 Posts

Yea nail on the head. Panic help fueled by the media created activists that created problems.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
34,896 Posts
Kinda like disarming legal gun-owners when a nut massacres people!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
by supposedly hurting big oil (who simply packed up and moved elsewhere) and helping the
Yea, Like to Brazil where Mr. Obama promptly invested a Billion of our tax dollars to be Brazil's best oil customer?? What the..... The whole cycle is sickening. No pipeline, One of Mr. Obama's best Billionaire friends now has control of the shipping of the oil by his rail and trucking outfits..... sickening, sickening,sickening!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts