Glock Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Word like your style
Like everybody else I'm always wishing and hoping for things but lurking in the back of my mind there's always something my grandfather once told me, "If you want something then be ready to work for it." "Wishing is okay but try wishing in one hand and crapping in the other and see which one fills up first." Wisdom of the ages. :)
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp...................

Registered
Like everybody else I'm always wishing and hoping for things but lurking in the back of my mind there's always something my grandfather once told me, "If you want something then be ready to work for it." "Wishing is okay but try wishing in one hand and crapping in the other and see which one fills up first." Wisdom of the ages. :)
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp...................
Amen to that! Try each day to work my tail off to provide but also reward!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Amen to that! Try each day to work my tail off to provide but also reward!
I started working when I was 8, paying taxes at 12, and retired at 67. Nobody, especially me, ever thought I'd live long enough to retire. I considered putting one more year just to make it a nice even 50 but then asked myself "Why"? Enough is enough!
The cat died a couple years ago so now it's only me to provide for. Took about a year to get used to things but now I'm having a right good time doing whatever I want, which, some days, is absolutely nothing at all. :D
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp................

Registered
Dr. Tramp, I'll be 68 this year and as one older gentleman told me, it's ok to "not do anything". Remember, if you walk out to the mailbox and back, that's ONE job you completed and if you took out the garbage, that's 2 jobs. :)
I'm just happy to be able to THINK and read WITHOUT an intrusion or interruption of my thoughts instead of doing something for a corporation that didn't give a precious damn about me or my family nor work/life balance. What bull****!
My Dobermann died last year on Christmas morn and my ****ty Kitty died a few months ago. Wife passed away 8 years this June and so it's just me as well. I know the feeling!
p.s. I'd rather be sitting on a hard stool with a case of Anthrax, staring out the window at a cold driving rain than to be back in that ****hole. Yeah, the money was good. I guess I was a strumpet, entrapped like the rest.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dr. Tramp, I'll be 68 this year and as one older gentleman told me, it's ok to "not do anything". Remember, if you walk out to the mailbox and back, that's ONE job you completed and if you took out the garbage, that's 2 jobs. :)
I'm just happy to be able to THINK and read WITHOUT an intrusion or interruption of my thoughts instead of doing something for a corporation that didn't give a precious damn about me or my family nor work/life balance. What bull****!
My Dobermann died last year on Christmas morn and my ****ty Kitty died a few months ago. Wife passed away 8 years this June and so it's just me as well. I know the feeling!
Sounds like you have the right attitude for a comfortable retirement. A lot of days during the winter I just veg out in the recliner and read with tunes playing in the background.
I go shooting when I want, eat when I'm hungry, hit one of the local pubs now and then for a brew, tinker with my motorcycles and ride them when the weather co-operates, and make the most (or least :)) of each day.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.............

Registered
Sounds like you have the right attitude for a comfortable retirement. A lot of days during the winter I just veg out in the recliner and read with tunes playing in the background.
I go shooting when I want, eat when I'm hungry, hit one of the local pubs now and then for a brew, tinker with my motorcycles and ride them when the weather co-operates, and make the most (or least :)) of each day.
Thank you Sir! I have to have those "Goldilocks Days" before I ride my little Suzuki 500 motorbike. Not too hot, not too cold and NOT raining! :)
It's 22 years old this April and I don't have quite 2400 miles on it yet (yes, that's correct). I keep it up and protected and it's there "in case I need it". I enjoy going down that old River Road toward New Orleans on a Sunday morn with very little traffic.
Quite pleasant. As you say, Ride Safe. Gus

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have two Harleys, a 2001 FXDXT (the Dyna T- Sport) and 1972 Shovelhead Ratbike. Had a Ural sidecar rig that was perfect for back road and dirt road riding, grocery shopping, and going out to the range but maneuvering it around was too much for the arthritis in my hands and wrists so I sold it last year.
Also had a 1978 CT90 Honda trail bike that my dad bought new in 78. He only used to putt out to his favorite fishing spots so it had less than 300 miles on it when he gave it to me. I used it to run errands around town and taught the grandson to ride with then gave it to a friend's wife. They have about a 100 acres outside of Del Norte CO and she uses it to cruise around the property, ride down to the mailbox, and run into town.
Riding small back roads is always more fun than riding on highways and interstates, they're just for when you have to get someplace quickly. Haven't been down your way in a long time but have friends near Lake Pontchartrain, Baton Rouge, and Lafayette that want me to visit so I may wander down that way next summer for some Cajun food and music. :)

Registered
I have two Harleys, a 2001 FXDXT (the Dyna T- Sport) and 1972 Shovelhead Ratbike. Had a Ural sidecar rig that was perfect for back road and dirt road riding, grocery shopping, and going out to the range but maneuvering it around was too much for the arthritis in my hands and wrists so I sold it last year.
Also had a 1978 CT90 Honda trail bike that my dad bought new in 78. He only used to putt out to his favorite fishing spots so it had less than 300 miles on it when he gave it to me. I used it to run errands around town and taught the grandson to ride with then gave it to a friend's wife. They have about a 100 acres outside of Del Norte CO and she uses it to cruise around the property, ride down to the mailbox, and run into town.
Riding small back roads is always more fun than riding on highways and interstates, they're just for when you have to get someplace quickly. Haven't been down your way in a long time but have friends near Lake Pontchartrain, Baton Rouge, and Lafayette that want me to visit so I may wander down that way next summer for some Cajun food and music. :)
Very cool! Lafayette is THE place for the festival of Cajun music! Also have some nice restaurants like Pat's in Henderson, La (extremely close) and Angelle's (kinda fine dining) and food at La Fete D'Acadiens (maybe mispelled) is great with bands coming from all over, even outside the USA. I hope. Don't know about things with this Corona Covida Loca tho'. Let me know in a p.m. and see where I'm at and maybe we can knock back a few.
Sincerely, Wilson (gus is an abreviation of my middle name).
p.s. I had two Harleys (if you wanna call them that, Harley was ashamed of them I think aside from the 250 Sprint that broke the speed record at Bonneville Salt Flats at 177.225 mph back in the day) the Sprint 350 SS and totaled it and insurance got me the 350 SX. I also had the horrifying Yamaha RD350, the 650 Special (BSA copy) and now the Suzuki.
I remember the old Ducati Desmos, the Bridgestones and all those. I started in '65 with a Li'l Gen 50cc scooter at 11 years old. It will be interesting conversing with you!
I can't own a Harley. I am not mechanically inclined at all. I did electronic work with little tools. Ha!

Registered
I started working when I was 8, paying taxes at 12, and retired at 67. Nobody, especially me, ever thought I'd live long enough to retire. I considered putting one more year just to make it a nice even 50 but then asked myself "Why"? Enough is enough!
The cat died a couple years ago so now it's only me to provide for. Took about a year to get used to things but now I'm having a right good time doing whatever I want, which, some days, is absolutely nothing at all. :D
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp................
Single and ready to mingle

Grumpy Old Man
I have reached a stage in life. That my ideal day is spent sitting out the front, with my dog and looking down the street to the bush! I've got to the point in life that my full time job is something of somewhere I go to get exercise and as for shooting ? Well my days of worrying about shooting a 'Talley' are long gone! If I get bored out there I just come home! Most of my Mates are still land owners and have their own problems, so this forum has become my social outlet! Strangely I have no problems with that! Life is basically good !

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have reached a stage in life. That my ideal day is spent sitting out the front, with my dog and looking down the street to the bush! I've got to the point in life that my full time job is something of somewhere I go to get exercise and as for shooting ? Well my days of worrying about shooting a 'Talley' are long gone! If I get bored out there I just come home! Most of my Mates are still land owners and have their own problems, so this forum has become my social outlet! Strangely I have no problems with that! Life is basically good !
Plus coming here is much cheaper and way more fun than going to a shrink. :giggle:
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp............

1 - 19 of 19 Posts