Glock Firearms banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking for a min about my next hand gun purchase. Ive kind of been looking into a 10mm Glock. I wanted something I could carry if something happen to my G23. The 10mm is real large and would probably be awful to try to conceal. So, I've been thinking hard about a Charter Arms Bulldog .44spc.
Looking for some pro's and con's.
Opinions are welcomed.
This would be my first Revolver I have ever owned.
To be honest I have never show a Revolver in any caliber bigger then a .22.
Of course I expect it to recoil a lot harder then my G23. But is it ridiculous?
What do you guys think?

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Of course I expect it to recoil a lot harder then my G23. But is it ridiculous?
That is not necessarily true....a heavier revolver will absorb a lot more of the recoil impulse, so you will have less felt recoil.

They will be heavier than a Glock (unless you get the lightweight ones, those will buck like a mule!) and definitely wider than a Glock.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Full power 10mm is a spectacular load IMO and has a cool history. The 10mm cartridge was developed back in the 80's to be THE next best round for a handgun designed by a firearms legend Jeff Cooper. With a 200 grain round doing 1200fps...yup. Thats .41 Magnum power...in a semi-auto handgun form. You can take good size animals down with it which Uncle Ted has proven with his 10mm Glock.

http://the10mmautoisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/

Is it ridiculous? Jeff Cooper didn't think so. 10mm fans don't think so and I don't think so. It's a matter of training time with the round in question. If the feds hadn't taken the expedient route IMO, they would have been using this instead of the cartridge that the 10mm was nerfed into...being the .40 cal Short & Weak. :p (razz)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've looked at the G29. I just dont know about it. My G23 fits me real good. I have held a G30. Which I'm told the G29 is the exact same size as the G30. I dont know if I would be comfortable shooting the G29 because of my big hands. But hey, you never know.
Thats why I was leaning towards the BullDog

1 - 4 of 4 Posts