Day4: The Blackout

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Shep482, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Shep482

Shep482 Well-Known Member Supporter

Getting the rust out of my camping skills, my Old School Keurig

image-3479947959.jpg

image-1197413033.jpg

Starting to miss Xbox though.

2. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Big +1 on the Old School Keurig.

Nothing like a pot of "Real brewed" and not drip coffee.

Did you lose power due to the storms on the east coast?

D

3. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

[​IMG]

4. Shep482

No I'm in Fort Wayne In. Friday afternoon we had a storm come through packing 91mph front line winds 80k out of power. I think there down to 50k which includes me still. Coffee was good didn't get to many grounds. I bought that pot at a garage sale a few years ago just for this situation. 50 cents.Who's laughing now? Wife thought it was another piece of junk for my "preps" .
    This outage has helped me make a list of things I need like a generator and ice in the deep freeze.

image-2719981626.jpg

Saw this a few blocks over. Ground is so dry it just peeled the whole thing up in one piece. Tree is leaning on house.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  5. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

WOw... that tree picture.... that SUCKS.

It also sucks you're out of power, but being "prepared" is a good thing.

D

6. RRoss

RRoss If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it! Lifetime Supporting Member

And people make fun of those preppers....who's laughing now! Good catch on the perk pot. At least you get your cup in the mornin.

7. Shep482

Update: Power restored!!!! Crisis over. Good learning experience for me and the family. Thanks everybody for keeping me company for three days.

8. RRoss

RRoss If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it! Lifetime Supporting Member

I'm impressed your phone didn't die. Mine would have in a couple hoursq :D

9. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Glad your back up, reminded me i need to fire up my Optimus & Coleman 505 stoves, just to keep them in top shape.

10. Shep482

It came close a lot I worked sat and Sunday so I kept it charged in work truck. Charged it a couple times in my personal vehicle. I also don't use it as much as my wife and kids use theirs.

11. RRoss

Well its good to hear you are back up and running.