Daddy's girl wants a .45

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by ekeeble, Jul 9, 2012.

1. I've been doing quite a bit of shooting with my 14 year old daughter, and she's very good. She shoots my 26 and a Springfield xd9 that's unofficially hers. The other day she shot my brother in laws 23 and decided after the first round that she wants a 21. Now the 26 and the 23 isn't enough fire power for her.
    I was shocked and proud at the same time. :)
    Looks like I've got a good excuse to purchase another Glock now.

2. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

The best kind of excuse!!

3. deadlift560

deadlift560 New Member

Congrats! Can't wait till our boys are old enough to shoot

4. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

The 21 is awesome and you should be proud!!!!! Congradulations!!!! Can't wait till my kids are old enough to shoot.

5. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

That is awesome.

6. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

My girls started early, and at 18 my youngest asked me to buy her a rifle....a $3,000 Anschutz custom-made competition rifle! Argh! (she is two-time Nevada State Champion in Junior Olympic 3-Position Rifle Shooting).

Built her an M4 instead.

Then she went with me to an IDPA match once, and shot my Springfield XD-9 (Service Pistol category), and now thinks the XD is hers!

Good on ya, EKeeble, and keep 'em interested!

Cheers!

7. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

I hope my girls will enjoy shooting when they get older.

8. That's awesome ! My girl wants to get involved in competitive shooting. I just don't know of anywhere around east Tennesse.

9. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Does her school have a rifle team?

10. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Here's my baby girl with her two Regional Championship medals and her two Junior Olympic Gold (State Champion) medals....

(the guy in the pic is their NJROTC Commandant)

Attached Files:

11. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

By the way, there are a couple of videos of her shooting her IDPA match (as well as her M4) on this site, just open the Videos tab....

12. No, she's home schooled.

13. You must be very proud. I'll check it out

14. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

That is awesome! Way to go dad.

Check and see if you have 4H around there. She may not have to be in public school to be a part of it. Our group here has I shotgun team I know. Happy shooting!

15. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Well-Known Member

Awesome. Have her try a G30SF first. It's a nicer size...especially for her daddy.

16. thanks, that's a great idea. She was in 4H while she was still in public schools, and loved every minute of it. We've been trying to make as many extra curricular activities as possible available to her.
    She's even been to 4H camp and had a blast.
    I can't believe we forgot 4H ! I'll get in touch with them.

17. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Way to go ekeeble!! I know this isn't the topic but I want to give you KUDO's for home schooling. I would work 5 jobs to home school if I still had kids in school!!

18. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

I hope it works out. :)

19. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

GAGal is right, check out any 4H clubs near you.

You can also ask around at local ranges, see if there are any groups that regularly use their range....just a thought!

20. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

Check your States Laws on Home schooling. Here in AZ the schools are required to allow Home Schoolers to try out for sports teams! Many of my Friends take full advantage of that and their kids parispate in many extra Curricular activities.

As for the Glock My Daughter shot my Glock 30 and said that is the one she wants for her Birthday. I am still trying to get my friends 36 for her to try and a G30SF for her to try. I tried to get her hooked on a G19 but she is set on the 30!