Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i was recently paralized during my deployment with the army....now im stuck in this wheelchair and i still love to shoot i have a glock 19 & 27. Ill carry the 27 with me at all times but i want to customize it. I found a company that does slide milling for the slot cuts and you can see through to the side of the barrel. Does anyone know where i can get a gold color barrel or perhaps a copper color? Im also going to have alot of grip work done including finger grooves shaved off, triggerwell smoothed over,duck bill extended,and leave the whole grip stipled for grip....anyone have any other ideas to consider?

·
Registered
26 Posts
First I want to say thanks for your serves to our country and I'm very sorry to read you were paralyzed serving our country.. Now back to your barrel, you could probably get your factory barrel duracoat any color you wanted.. I have had http://www.coldborecustom.com/ do some frame work for me and there great to deal with..

·
Banned
292 Posts
I can't answer your questions but I just would like to thank you for your service to our country. Sorry to hear about your injury.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much. I knew what i was doing when i signed up. I will be a war hero the rest of my life and im only 27 but i have a awesome 8yo son and a amazing wife who i was engaged to and once i got injured she said lets go ahead and tie the knot. ...not many men can say that once they were disabled a woman made him marry her...life is what you make it and i have learned the hard way. Again thanks for the support it doesnt go unnoticed by me.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,455 Posts
Hey, thank you so much for your service. You along with all those in the military are our greatest citizens!
Your story reminded me of the movie "the best years of our lives"

Hair Face Smile Head Chin

A wonderful movie about WW2 vets coming home.

If you can find the second issue of RECOIL magazine they had an article on Zev technologies which has the Glock you described.

We are in your debt.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thank you for your service! My daughter and I volunteer at the local VA. There is a poignant sign on the wall near the main entrance that reads, "The price of freedom can be seen here." Again, thank you!

I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of that gun when you've had that work done. Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm no help with your question, but please accept my debt of gratitude for your service and sacrifice for our country. It sounds like you have a wonderful family!

·
Registered
406 Posts
j73vail said:
Well i was recently paralized during my deployment with the army....now im stuck in this wheelchair and i still love to shoot i have a glock 19 & 27. Ill carry the 27 with me at all times but i want to customize it. I found a company that does slide milling for the slot cuts and you can see through to the side of the barrel. Does anyone know where i can get a gold color barrel or perhaps a copper color? Im also going to have alot of grip work done including finger grooves shaved off, triggerwell smoothed over,duck bill extended,and leave the whole grip stipled for grip....anyone have any other ideas to consider?
I want to see your glock when it is finished. It sound really cool. Thank you for your service.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Thanks for your service brother! You seem to have a great attitude, and in your situation I'm sure that can be tough. Keep on keepin on bro!!!! Oh, and I agree with the duracoating idea.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am currently having custom slide cuts and a gold colored barrell done on my glock 34 private message me your e-mail address and I'll bring u up to speed on 2 guys in California that can get u set up with everything want done but I'm warning u right now the wait Time for the business that does the barrell coating has about a 4 month wait time at best my entire gun is finished and my guys are still waiting on the barrel thank you for your service and sacrifices soldier your family is in my thoughts today

·
Registered
149 Posts
I don't have any input on your gun i to would like to see pics. I'M vietnam vet and i'm a CNA II at the VA hospital In Roseburg Oregon. Hope your getting the medical help you need. best of luck to you . sounds like you have a wonderful family. My grandson is joining the army soon I worry about him wish i could have got him in the Navy thats what i was in but he has to make his own choices

·
367 Posts
Thanks to you and all who have served. Glad you're still into shooting and man, you got one of a few women that was there for you!

·
Glocker
416 Posts
First off, thank you for serving. You are a hero in my eyes and in the eyes if many,I hope to be serving next year. I'll do some research on the barrels,you may just have to get it duracoated or maybe find a place that will gold,nickel plate it for you.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I don't want to miss a chance to welcome you to the forum and thank you for your service.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts