Customer Service

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by TxGlock65, Jul 20, 2012.

1. TxGlock65

TxGlock65 New Member

After much debate, I am considering leaving my allegiance to Ruger and purchasing a Glock 19. My last sticking point is customer service. Ruger has outstanding service and in most cases pay for shipping both ways if there needs to be a repair made. What has your experiences been with Glock service?

2. louiespagouie

louiespagouie Senior Member

Top notch they go above and beyond and have done a lot of service work for me for free.

3. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

I have never had any problems with their Service Dept.
    I shot the frame out of one gun (Glock refurbished)(+ 25000rounds) and they replaced it free.

Same gun eventually the lug on the barrel sheared (+30000) and that got replaced as well.

Sure I paid for shipping one way Next Day air.

Won and chose another G-23 that had a dragging (barely noticeable) triggerbar. They shipped another right away.

But what a lot of Glock owners I know do attend the GSSF matches. Glock always has several Armorers at these matches and will go over your gun and replace worn/or out of date parts for free. That is the otherside of Glock Service many Glock owners don't get to see.

And if you live nearby the factory, they provide a walkin service I hear.

4. TxGlock65

TxGlock65 New Member

Picked up my new Glock 19 today, can't wait to get to the range Friday. Mine says made in USA. Test fire date was only 2 weeks ago. Are the US made the same gun as the Austrian made? Just curious.

5. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Where did you get it? How much did you get it for?

Glock does make guns here in GA but they are for international markets outside the US only.

6. TxGlock65

TxGlock65 New Member

Purchased at a local gun shop. $510

7. bigt

bigt New Member

I have only delt with Glock once and they were great. I did not seat the guide rod correctly when reassembling my g17. When I put the slide back on with very little pressure I snapped the rod. I called them up and told them i was an idiot and they sent me one free of charge even though I tried to pay for it. That's how you run a business in my opinion

8. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Post some pics please, I'd love to see the made in USA stamp.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  9. PeacefulWarrior

PeacefulWarrior New Member

I would also like to see that! Pics!

10. TxGlock65

TxGlock65 New Member

Will get a couple of pics up shortly.

11. TxGlock65

TxGlock65 New Member

Not the best pic but think you can see it.

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      40.7 KB
      Views:
  12. bhale187

If that is a USA stamp between the 19 and the 9x19 (like it looks), and you are in the USA, you've got a rare Glock, you're a lucky man.

On the top side of the barrel, just to the right of the glock emblem, is it stamped 'US'

Where/how did you get it.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  13. Hurricane460

Hurricane460 Glock Doc..

Please PM me the gun shops name because I WANT ONE!

14. bhale187

I'd imagine you are about to get a bazillion PMs on if you want to sell it and where you got it, might as well post it up :eek:

15. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Very nice!!!!

16. TxGlock65

TxGlock65 New Member

Yes that is a USA stamp and US is on the top of the barrel. Bought it yesterday through my local gun shop. Told him last week I wanted a G19 and it came in yesterday. This is what he had waiting for me.

17. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

I'll trade you my Glock 22 with 4 mags and night sights for it!!!!

18. louiespagouie

louiespagouie Senior Member

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say your pm box will soon be full lol. Nice find on that Glock!!!

19. PeacefulWarrior

PeacefulWarrior New Member

$$$ I'd take the highest bid... and buy another! $$$
    Just my opinion, though. It has a 'cool' factor, but so does extra $$$

20. tazbigdog

tazbigdog Junior Member

Had to look at mine, says Austria. But does have Missouri State Park Rangers on the other side.:cool: