Customer Reviews

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Birddogyz, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

From time to time, we all have a bad experience as a customer and as a supplier. I would like to take this opportunity to provide a customer review on a Vendor. This is not to be spun off as a bash session. If you have something to contribute, please do so in a manner that will only reflect yourself in a positive light. If not, your comments will be deleted and the thread will go away. We need to use this forum in a positive manner.

I recently had my slide and frame Dura Coated in OD Green. Twisted Monkey (Nuk) did a great job. There is not a flaw in the actual work itself. I had shipped it off to him, he did a turn around in a timely matter, just forgot to put the sights back on and return them. Not a big problem at this point. Simply contacted Nuk and said he would get them sent out. Since then they have supposedly been in the mail several times. Up until a week ago, communication with him was OK. He would reply, just not as fast as before. I understand that things in life happen, they do to all of us. That is what Life is all about. My biggest concern is the lack of communication and honesty about the actual shipments.
    In retro spec, I am out a set of stock sights, no big deal in the scheme of life. To me the principal is more important. I will leave you with my favorite quote, do not know the original author, but my late Grandfather use to say it all the time.

All a man has on this Earth is his Word.

2. antek

antek New Member

In the beginning of May, I have contacted Steve (Nuk @ Twistedmonkeycustoms) in regards to a polishing job. Being a new gun owner, I was undecided on exactly what I wanted to do to my hand gun. After a few conversations with Steve, I have decided to get the slide ranged polished, barrel polished and the pins / parts polished. I also asked him if he installed sights so he can do them for me but he stated that he was unable to find his tools. I then had my gun shop install these for me while I waited the 10 day California period to pick up my hand gun.

I paid Steve via Paypal on May 21st including a $15.00 rushed service fee. On My 29th, I mailed out my full upper of the gun; Barrel, Slide (with TFO TruGlo night sights) and everything on the slide (I did not remove the firing parts etc.), Pins. He received the parts on June 1st.

After received, he PM’d me confirming that he received the parts and he was going to work on it that weekend to get it mailed out on Monday. He assured me that I was going to be happy. However, Tuesday came and he told me that he does not work on Sunday or Mondays (Family time) so he would work on it this Week and mail it out the following week; Tuesday I was assuming.

After waiting for his reply, I did not receive any photo’s on Sunday June 9th when he told me he was going to send me of his work he did on my parts. It did not bother me so I again, patiently waited. After the week went by, he posted a thread stating he was going on emergency family leave and that he will not be taking anymore orders. I then questioned him on the thread to see if he ever mailed out my gun (Weds June 13th) and he stated that it’s on the way.

Again, I played the waiting game and nothing came. I tried to emailing him, left him a voicemail, PM’d him but received no response. A few days later, he posted on a thread saying that there was a hold on all the shipments that he mailed out and that no one should be worrying because they’ll be coming in the following week. A week has passed and he still did not reply to my personal concerns (emails, PM’s, voicemail). After speaking to Dutchs this past weekend (June 15th), Steve magically answered me stating that he did not have a tracking # and that he would have to call the post office. However, he assured me that it would be delivered Monday or Tuesday.

It is now Wednesday, Almost 3 weeks from the day that I mailed him my parts. I still have no tracking #, no photo’s he promised and most importantly I don’t have any of my parts. I am a very fair person and by no means do not want to stir up problems in this community but I do feel like I got robbed and it’s not a good feeling at all. I don’t want to keep getting the run around if the jobs were not completed as planned. This was far from a rushed job and I feel that I was treated unfairly as a customer. It’s tough that he is the owner of this entity and I am unable to get a hold of anyone.

Keep in mind I am a first time gun owner. This is my first gun; a Glock 17. I have bought it for home defense and have nothing but a flashlight now to protect my family. I am still waiting for a response, a tracking # and my package as I am posting this.

3. antek

antek New Member

Holy... My stuff just came in and it's nothing like what we had discussed. It was suppose to look like this --> http://viewsfromearth.com/chrome1.jpg

and this is what I got in the mail... I am very disappointed... :(

I hope I can get my money back..

Attached Files:

4. antek

antek New Member

Wow... and my slide release / Pins did not come with it.. this is ridiculous.

5. antek

antek New Member

Bro.. It's not even polished, It's like he started on it and just left it there.. Now I have to do it myself and use my own time.. This is the sole reason why I wanted to send it to someone, so i don't have to do it myself. Not only is it not completed, but it's barely been worked on and he didn't send me all of my stuff back.

6. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

All of this occurred prior to Mondays events. Mine came back missing parts and have been waiting since the first of June. Anteck has been waiting just as long. All this was supposed to have been shipped out last week prior to the events on Monday. Yes I understand he has a condition and wish him a full recovery. That is not an excuse since this all occurred prior to Monday. I thank his wife for stepping in and doing her best. That is the only response we have had in weeks. So lets leave this week out of the scenario. The problem is Prior to the event of June 18th. If you were in our shoes under the circumstances, you would see it differently. I hope once he recovers, this is his first priority, but the two weeks prior to Monday it was not.

7. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

I am sorry you are in the same position. If you notice, I started this thread before it was known that there was an issue with his health. I went back and looked at my post, and did not find a tear. I was fair and honest here and in the vendor display section. I even thanked his wife for her efforts in that thread and told her I would deal with him in a few weeks when he returned to his feet. That being said,I hope you receive your slide and you are happy with the transaction.

8. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Alright gentlemen. I know this is what some of you want, I want to leave
    this thread for CUSTOMER REVIEWS if we can't stay on topic this thread will cease. PLEASE RESPECT THE TOPIC.If you have not had work done stay out. THANK YOU.

9. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

None taken. I did not want this thread to get out of hand as you can tell by the first post here. If his condition was known prior to the events, it could have gone a different direction. As you know being a Premium member, I can be fairly vocal in private, but here in the forum, things need to be handled in an appropriate manner. I thought by going public in a respectful way could be dangerous as things tend to spiral out of control.

Now to all of us here, we know there are a few issues, let's wait for Nuk to respond in a timely matter. This is his opportunity to show his dedication and passion for his business.

10. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

I for one think this Thread is good to have. It will give our Forum members a heads up if they decide to do any business with our vendors here.

My review will be about defensive Holsters
    ( MikeP ) from the time I sent the email to the time I received my holster was right at 4 days. REALLY FAST :) I for one ordered because of the good reviews that I've seen on this Forum. And I'm glad I did. I'm VERY HAPPY with the quality of his product & the quickness he gets his stuff to his customers. I highly recommend his Holsters. I bought the combo IWB/OWB for a G23. Thanks again MikeP ;)

Attached Files:

11. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

I also bought a defensive iwb/owb combo holster from Mike p.
    Shipping was fast and he updated me and sent me pics when everything was done. I received mine within 5 days. Same thing with Mike's trigger thingy. Very durable stuff.
    Excellent products and excellent service.
    Thanks Mike

12. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

MikeP address is defensive holsters.com that will take you all to his site.. FYI...

13. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I bought a holster(IWB) For our Ruger SR9 from Foxxholsters here. They were one of only maybe two holster makers at the time that even had one for that Ruger. The fit and finish, comfort and all day wearability I believe is unbeatable!! Awesome equipment! Thanks Foxx

14. I second that as my foXx holster was fast and comfortable. I'm wearing now,as I do all day everyday. Mike P. is great as well.

15. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

I also have purchased from Ray @ foxX holsters. I bought a hybrid holster for my 17 that I ended up returning, but would've kept it if I had gotten it for my 23. ( I ended up selling my 17)
    And I just recently bought a foxX trap holster that I haven't tried out yet. I'm waiting on my frame from Nuk.
    Shipping is great and Ray refunded me for the returned 17 hybrid.
    Good company in my eyes.
    I will update on the trap holster

16. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reminder, my next will be THE TRAPP For my 23.

17. I wanted to get on for a few minutes and address this thread.

I keep the small parts in little pull out drawers with the names on them, so I either pulled the wrong drawer for her or I mixed something up, either way I know I have them and I will get in the shop and make sure they mail out Monday, and will be there by Wed. I also have a set of TFO (green rear, red front) that fit yours. They have been sitting in a drawer for a few months when the wrong sights were sent to me and RYG told me to just keep them. if you want those also I'm happy to send them along with.

I'm looking at your order form, that you filled out, and I'm not entirely sure why you are upset. The most important part of the order form says "BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE" to which you answered "Slide full barrel range black". There is a hand written notation i made that says "via pm: serrations black inlay polished". I also know that you mean range polish in the slide, because that is the option you checked. I did the range polish, i polished the inlays, and I left the barrel portion black and polished the hood and ejection.

Now, the work was done on a rush order just as you requested. I have already told you that I will refund the rush charges even though the work was rushed and the post office cause delays in shipping it. As for refunding the entire amount, that isn't going to happen. I'm completely willing to redo it however you wish and chalk it up to a communication error but I already have several hours of labor into it and to be 100% blunt I work cheap enough on polish jobs as it is, I'm not doing them for free. I use this ordering system for a reason, because PM's don't cut it for order details.

Do you know how many PM's I get a day with pictures, videos, and descriptions of people wanting me to replicate things? I think I probably had ten or fifteen just from blackwolf. Anyone who has ordered with me knows that my ordering process is very very specific, and it doesn't happen through PM.

I will be sending your parts out Monday morning, sometimes things get overlooked. In your case, it's simply just my screw up, my apologies. In Scott's case he is the first person in the history of this forum to send me a frame pre-stripped so i forgot i even had to remove sights from his slide.

Here is what is going to happen, because quite frankly I'm pretty pissed off. I expect people to be angry, I get it. What I do not expect is to spend days in the hospital then come home to find out my company was essentially wiped off of this forum. My Vendor was shut down which means MONTHS of messages were ERASED so that Ashley could get a message out to the people i told her to contact. MONTHS of threads were erased, my entire history of customer service, examples of work, FAQ's, GONE.

Ya know, everyone loves you when you are the hottest vendor around, but a guy has to go to a funeral and then lands in the hospital and I'm as popular as Gadaffi. I was gone for a few days, then came back and spent a WEEK living in that damn shop painting and painting and polishing and painting sleeping 2 hours a night. I lost near 10 pounds just in sweat in that paint fume packed misery. I posted that I was having a procedure done Monday, it was right here in the forum! Were shipments late? Ya they were, and it wasn't just mine. The USPS billing system for online customers was screwed up. Tampasean even said that.

Do you know what she said pages of my inbox were? Vulgar attacks, people calling me a scam artist, threats against my family. Threats against my family people!! I mean, SERIOUSLY?

I am going to finish the customer orders I currently have, I am going to deal with any outstanding issues, and that is it. After that, I'm done. Once all is brought back to 0 I will be terminating my vendor status across all the forums and calling it a day. I'm not attacking anyone in particular, and I'm certainly not attacking Scott for starting the thread or anything. Scott is actually probably the coolest customer I have ever had.

So there you have it. Scott your sights will be in the mail Monday, let me know if you also want the TFO's. Antek if you want it redone let me know.

As of this moment no future orders will be taken, it's done. Fun ride is over. If you have an order in, it will be finished as planned. TMC is officially shutting down.

18. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

Nuk, It is up to you on sending them back at this point. I have a set on the way and should arrive Monday. When we started this post, did not know you were in the hospital nor did I sea a post as to you going in on Monday. I missed that one. I would wish you would take a day or so to cool down, every one got worked up due to the lack of knowledge and so on. Again, the Dura Coat job was flawless. I would hope you would rethink the shutting down part and maybe just rethink how you want to move forward and chalk this up to a learning experience. I only learn by doing things wrong the first time, but I do not do it wrong twice. Think abot the services you enjoy doing and are profitable, then move forward. Just my 2 cents.

19. I'm going to send them because they belong to you and I don't want to keep anyone's property. It would be the wrong thing to do to keep them and not rectify the error even if you already have.

20. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

Nuk, Sounds good. Please think about what I said.