Glock Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious about a G23 I got from a private seller at a gun show.
What Im curious about is that the frame is textured like a gen4 or an RTF but is marked neither,it does not have the larger mag release nor does it have the interchangeble back straps so im certain its not a gen4,on the other hand it has the standard slide serrations unlike the RTF.So is it possible its a custom ordered pistol?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I believe the RTF frames came a few different ways some with normal serrations some with gills and I have heard some even came gilled and compensated.

·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Ive been really curious about this since I bought it.

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Can you post a good close up picture? That would help.

WestTN is right. The RTFs did come with regular serrations and the 'gill' serrations.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Can you post a good close up picture? That would help.

WestTN is right. The RTFs did come with regular serrations and the 'gill' serrations.
They sure did, I think they were using old new stock at first on the RTF's.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
I had a G23 just like that its the RTF2, just doesn't have the 'gills'. Mine was a blue label from when they first came out with the RTF2, and I regret having sold it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think towards the end of the rtf2 run the switched back to normal slides. My 23 is a blue label and has gills. I bet yours is a later rtf2.

·
I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!
998 Posts
Yeah buddy, you got an RTF with the straight serrations. They made the RTF in straight and the gill serrations.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts