Glock Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

2,052 Posts
I had to be sprayed to carry OC spray, & tased to carry taser, & I was only a lowly investigator for the department of assigned council, lol!!
I hear you!!!!!!!!!!! I was a Major in the Colorado Mounted Rangers!!!!! RHIP (rank has its privileges), right, so I got pepper sprayed first!!!!!!!!!!

2,052 Posts
Sprayed once in the face by a fellow officer breaking up a bar fight. Had to drive a drunk back to the station barely able to see or breath. Never carried OC again.
I used an ASP and pepper spray the same time in Rocky Ford. A kid tried to run from an officer. He was open field tackled by the same 350 pound officer. Then continued to resist. Got pepper and hit with an ASP. He had a bad day!!!!

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,492 Posts
Sprayed once in the face by a fellow officer breaking up a bar fight. Had to drive a drunk back to the station barely able to see or breath. Never carried OC again.
I never carried it even though I was certified. Had a can blow up in the car once.
Borrowed another officer’s while arresting a female DWI. Crosswind blew it back in our faces. We got it worse than her. I was really pissed then. Turned her into Linda Blair wrenching her out of the car by her head.

· Premium Member
15,206 Posts
I've lost count. When it happens, most freeze due to the sound as it whizzes past your ear. Crocodile brain takes over. Flight, fight, freeze.
I didn’t freeze. I floored the car. It blew out the back windshield. Went up the street called sheriff department. They went down and got the guy. Shot at me over a subpoena, not a summons. A friggin subpoena.

· Premium Member
15,206 Posts
I've lost count. When it happens, most freeze due to the sound as it whizzes past your ear. Crocodile brain takes over. Flight, fight, freeze.
My youngest son freezes in fight or flight situations. I’m trying to break it. Although a natural reaction, you can be trained to change your natural disposition.

· Super Moderator
58,817 Posts
My youngest son freezes in fight or flight situations. I’m trying to break it. Although a natural reaction, you can be trained to change your natural disposition.
In my experience there are 3 types:
1) the majority: freeze
2) the 2nd largest group: run
3) the smallest group: fight.

This group has been trained. It’s not a natural reaction. It must be drilled into you until muscle memory takes over. This is one of the reasons for boot camp. The Marines are the best at this type of drilling.

I was not a Marine. But, the Air Force provides this training in advanced training after basic training. Mine came in survive, evade, escape, and resist (SEER) training. My years at FAFB will never be forgotten.

· Premium Member
15,206 Posts
In my experience there are 3 types:
1) the majority: freeze
2) the 2nd largest group: run
3) the smallest group: fight.

This group has been trained. It’s not a natural reaction. It must be drilled into you until muscle memory takes over. This is one of the reasons for boot camp. The Marines are the best at this type of drilling.

I was not a Marine. But, the Air Force provides this training in advanced training after basic training. Mine came in survive, evade, escape, and resist (SEER) training. My years at FAFB will never be forgotten.
I’ve seen very few natural born that fight as first reflex. I couldn’t agree with your assessment more though. It took a lot of training for everything not to slow down with the adrenaline dump for myself personally. That weird feeling were everything is slow motion, & if your a fighter. It’s like your punches have no power, etc. I don’t experience that anymore, & in the rare occasions where someone does startle me. I will most likely lung forward then step back. Fight or Flight reflex has always interested me.

· Registered
Fox Pepper Spray and....................
766 Posts
CS Spray?, HAHAHA I thought he was talking about Counter Strike

21 - 40 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.