CS/OC Recert...Freeze +P 2k3

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement & Military' started by bryant, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Dadgum I forgot how much I hate CS/OC recert...until about 1400 hrs today, that is...give me the 5 second lightning ride on the Taser anytime and all times over that stuff. It friggin' hurts! :mad: All ya'll stay safe out there!

*edited for me being stupid and unable to spell Taser for some reason today.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  2. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

Being forced out of my LE career due to an injury, I wish I had the opportunity to relive those days!

3. Thank you for your service havasu. My military career was taken away from me due to losing a kidney and a Brig. General at Ft. Stewart deciding I couldn't serve anymore. I feel your pain.

4. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

Broken rib, broken finger (2x), torn rotator cuff, sprained ankle (2x), sprained wrists (lost count), broken nose, came up positive to TB 23 years ago, a lung infection, palm of hand ripped open, about 60 stitches over the years, a hanging suicide that puked on me when we lifted him up, about 800 hangovers (100 of which I wished someone would have shot me to end the suffering) and 24 years of working with and taking orders from some of the biggest morons to ever wear a badge (thank God for the good ones) and a drafty, damp, cold in the winter, hot in the summer 116 year old prison? And in a state that has some sucky weather, traffic, taxes and politicians?:mad:

Nah! I think I'd rather relive my 15 years of being a long haul driver. :) Just saying...

5. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

Wish we could have tasers in NJ. Would be an excellent tool in prison. Hell, NJ won't even authorize shock shields. They would've been great doing those forced cell extractions.

Remember one time we went in on a guy. Dumped two cans of CS through his food port. Team went in, he was standing on his bed holding his TV. Just as the #1 guy (shield) got to him, he came straight over the top with that TV and pole axed that cop right down to the ground. When the cop rushed in, he was ducking behind the shield and neither lifted it nor saw the blow coming that knocked him stupid.

Needless to say, somehow the IA camera got broke and the poor misguided yout got a full service tune-up and oil change. Free of charge, no less.:rolleyes:

6. [QUOTE Needless to say, somehow the IA camera got broke and the poor misguided yout got a full service tune-up and oil change. Free of charge, no less.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I completely understand. The state Dept. of Corrections does not have Tasers here. Most of the county jails do, though. It's a great tool, that is for sure.

*edited to correct my spelling error :)

7. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

ZZZzzzzzzttttt!

Hit him again!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzttttt!

Oh, yeah!

8. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Not much more different from gas mask training in the military.

still, it's about the nastiest sh*t they ever put in a can....

9. Dezmo

Dezmo New Member

You get use to it...:D I did anyway:eek:

10. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

never, never, never, never, NEVER! Not in a million years! Yukk!!!

11. Amen! In 7 years I most certainly have not gotten used to it.

12. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Does it make everything you eat taste metallic and yukky for some hours after? It does me.

13. The FOX stuff was the worst for me. It didn't make me taste metal but I sure didn't stand upright in the shower haha.

14. I just went to work as a Sheriff's Deputy after spending my first 7 years as a city cop and we always carried Fox. Well, the new department carries the Freeze +P 2k3 (taser compliant) and it felt 3 times hotter than anything I've been hit with before. As to the metallic taste, I've never experienced that. Mostly I feel like I've been laying on a beach all day and have burned the crap out of my face for a few days. Other than that, no issues other than the initial pain LOL.

15. Dezmo

Dezmo New Member

:D and no metallic taste after.

16. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

15% Pepper spray is much better for compliance...pain is measured in scoville units !!

17. Better living through chemical agents! Seven years as shield man on a max joint tactical unit, lots of OC when that mask would get knocked loose.

18. Rough job there brother. I imagine you did go through quite a bit of the stuff.

19. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

I never minded Fox, but I hated Freeze +P the most of stun shields, or even the beanbag rounds from the 12 gauge or even the 37mm