crossbreed supertuck

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by bfish, Feb 20, 2012.

1. bfish

bfish Member

I just got a brand new crossbreed supertuck for my 27 off a buddy for $50 on Saturday and I wore it all day yesterday but I was just curious about how long it took you guys to break yours in and what I should expect

2. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

I have a similar holster, the maxtuckby White Hat Holsters made of horsehide. I conditioned it for a couple of nights straight, and it just molds to my body now.

3. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

That's a great price, especially it it's horse hide.

It will take about a month to break in, or you can use a little neatsfoot oil to speed up the process.

4. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Wear it every night around the house..it won't take long. That is a good price.

5. Glock22Gen3

Glock22Gen3 New Member

I've got a friend making me a close copy of the crossbreed holster IWB Saturday if the clips come in. He has the kydex and leather. I can't get my chaps on with my OWB Safariland holster, arg! I'll be taking the advice from here too, mine $25.00.

6. bfish

bfish Member

Good deal ill just get to wearing it then. And ya really good price, a guy gave it to him got it with a 27 he bought for his girlfriend to carry and doesn't need the holster so it worked out for the both of us :)

7. bfish

bfish Member

Just curious but have you guys adjusted your holsters for depth or angle? Or just left them as they came? I realize this is personal preference but any suggestions? I'm assuming you want this set up as you want it before its broken in

8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Good call bhale187...

Neatsfoot oil is a yellow oil rendered and purified from the shin bones and feet but not the hooves of cattle.

"Neat" in the oil's name comes from an old name for cattle.

I used it back in high school / college to soften up my baseball glove. Works great...!!

9. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

OK, I took Kodiak's advise (from a different thread) and today ordered a SuperTuck deLuxe for my '26.

We shall see what we shall see, when it shows up.

Ideas, suggestions, recommendations are welcome.