Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I installed my own truglo sights with my boy (the coolest dude alive) who has a sight pusher. I'm just OCD and can't help but see the rear sight is slightly to the right, and the front slight is slightly not perfectly straight. I can't get that front sight perfectly straight at least to my eye, everytime I tighten it all the way, I feel I slighty adjust it, knocking off alignment.

Someone tell me I'm wrong, or if it even matters? As long as the ball is in the basket I should be on target? Should I bring it to a gunsmith or am I overthinking it?

I'm fairly new to the firearm community so excuse my ignorance. Here to learn, thanks!

Any advice or tips are greatly appreciated.

Door Wood Finger Rectangle Material property
Wood Rectangle Household hardware Composite material Metal

Communication Device Finger Gadget Portable communications device Mobile phone

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks from Florida!

True, I figured I just need to shoot it and see how the rear sight treat me. Appreciate brotha. I definitely plan on trying them out at the range this week.

My bigger concern was the front sigts. It might be hard to tell in the pictures, or maybe my eyes are just lying to me, but you eased my concerns somewhat if they look straight to you. But if that front sight is slightly crooked (clearly it's not much), will it make a major difference in how I will need to line up my sights when shooting to get an accurate shot? Will it throw accuracy off if it's not like perfectly aligned by a gunsmith with all the fancy alignment tools which I'm sure are better than my fingers and wooden ruler.

Appreciate your time and help. Like i said, a new firearm enthusiast here. Excuse any stupid questions lol.

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,428 Posts
The tenon that fits the oblong hole in the front has a little play but I don’t think it will throw you off.
I tend to shoot Glocks a little left of bullseye so I put my rears where you put yours and it’s usually dead on.
Waiting for your range report.

· Premium Member
2,068 Posts
The front looks crooked to me, the rear might be a hair to the right from center, the truglo front sight is a pain in the arse, being so long it doesnt take it much to be noticeably crooked. I had a set and when i installed the front it took me about 5 times to get it straight, when you tighten it with the slide upside down you have to hold pressure and sometimes lightly twist the sight counter clockwise to help cancel out the clockwise rotation when tightening the screw

· Premium Member
3,623 Posts
The front is crooked and it will make a difference, especially at 25 yards. The newer Glock slides don't have the nice interference fit on the slot like the early slides. First make sure the front screw is socked down, then take a crescent wrench to twist the front sight until it's right. I use a 6" machinist scale along the front to over the firing pin. You had to tap the front sights in on the early guns, it was always dead nuts.

By the way, your rear looks a bit to the right. I use a digital depth mike to get them centered.

· Registered
11 Posts
So I installed my own truglo sights with my boy (the coolest dude alive) who has a sight pusher. I'm just OCD and can't help but see the rear sight is slightly to the right, and the front slight is slightly not perfectly straight. I can't get that front sight perfectly straight at least to my eye, everytime I tighten it all the way, I feel I slighty adjust it, knocking off alignment.

Someone tell me I'm wrong, or if it even matters? As long as the ball is in the basket I should be on target? Should I bring it to a gunsmith or am I overthinking it?

I'm fairly new to the firearm community so excuse my ignorance. Here to learn, thanks!

Any advice or tips are greatly appreciated.

View attachment 282070 View attachment 282071
View attachment 282069
I put a dial caliper across my slide to make sure my sights were centered. Many Glocks seem to need the rear sight a hair to the left. It is not major surgery.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks from Florida!

True, I figured I just need to shoot it and see how the rear sight treat me. Appreciate brotha. I definitely plan on trying them out at the range this week.

My bigger concern was the front sigts. It might be hard to tell in the pictures, or maybe my eyes are just lying to me, but you eased my concerns somewhat if they look straight to you. But if that front sight is slightly crooked (clearly it's not much), will it make a major difference in how I will need to line up my sights when shooting to get an accurate shot? Will it throw accuracy off if it's not like perfectly aligned by a gunsmith with all the fancy alignment tools which I'm sure are better than my fingers and wooden ruler.

Appreciate your time and help. Like i said, a new firearm enthusiast here. Excuse any stupid questions lol.
Front sight needs to be tweaked....rear a bit too........omo.
Look any better?
Cable Wood Gadget Electric blue Electronics accessory

Automotive tire Wood Composite material Electric blue Auto part

Telephony Communication Device Wood Rectangle Portable communications device

Communication Device Mobile phone Gadget Portable communications device Telephony

Wood Rectangle Door Fixture Gas

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The front is crooked and it will make a difference, especially at 25 yards. The newer Glock slides don't have the nice interference fit on the slot like the early slides. First make sure the front screw is socked down, then take a crescent wrench to twist the front sight until it's right. I use a 6" machinist scale along the front to over the firing pin. You had to tap the front sights in on the early guns, it was always dead nuts.

By the way, your rear looks a bit to the right. I use a digital depth mike to get them centered.
Used the crescent wrench like you suggested. I think I got them straight as I can having no experience. Will have to see how they hold up at the range. Think they look a little straighter though, at least to my eye
Brown Wood Rectangle Communication Device Gadget

Attachments

· Super Moderator
58,783 Posts
Gabbage sights.............omo.
This isn't one of those sites that you may be used to, consider this a warning.
"We treat people with respect when giving our opinion."
Saying this or that is garbage without any back up is" trolling"and will get you banned.
Read and memorize the rules. Your 9-days and 5 posts mean nothing to me.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts