Crimson Trace LG-436 Problem

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by swpahunter, Mar 6, 2012.

1. swpahunter

swpahunter New Member

Does anyone use a Crimson Trace LG-436 on a G26, 23, or 19?

I bought one over a year ago to use on a G26, figuring it was the perfect laser for this gun. (Held off for close to a year until I could find a holster that would work with the combination.)

My problem is that I can’t get it to stay on and fire the pistol at the same time. The little button that activates it is so small that any movement of my middle finger on it causes it to lose contact and the laser shuts off.

I called C-T about this problem and the girl said that they are aware of the problem with Glocks but it works fine with other brands and more or less that’s the way it is. She suggested that I tape a spacer over the switch as other Glock owners have done to solve this problem. When I told her that this is the 3rd Crimson Trace laser that I own and I can’t believe that this is their solution, and asked to speak to someone else, she gave me the name “Nathan Lonburg, (503) 783-5359”. I called him, got his answering machine, and explained my problem. This was on 9/21/2011, and I am still waiting for a reply. I have called him a number of times and have yet to speak to the man.

I think if the little dimple that my finger contacts were longer, it might work. My wife has long but slimmer-than-mine fingers and it works the same for her.

It’s just hard for me to accept that I need to monkey-rig a brand new $279 laser sight to make it work. Right now, it’s in the box. Help, anyone?

2. I had one on my g27 and loved it. Never had any problems with it at all.

3. swpahunter

swpahunter New Member

So it's possible that there's something wrong with the one I got. That would definitely be a relief. I'll call again and maybe get a return call this time. Thanks, jkurtz.

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum swpahunter !!

I'm in SE Pennsylvania...

5. leb686

leb686 New Member

Yeah 503 represent, perhaps sell it if it's not agreeing with you, next firearm I purchase I think I'm going to try out viridian

6. leb686

leb686 New Member

Nice shooter I'm in SE pennsyltucky too, got a little confused with the 503 area code on my last post used to live in Portland OR. Forgot where I live currently that can't be good

7. swpahunter

swpahunter New Member

Thanks shooter. I've been on that other Glock forum for a good while-just discovered this one while researching this problem. As an update, my LG-436 is on its' way back to the factory to see if they can find the problem. And just curious jkurtz, (and really not to be a smart alec) but if you loved yours so much, why is it advertised for sale or trade? Did you find something better?

8. It's just harder to conceal and find holsters for. I really like it for home defense but it's just a little harder to conceal for me. So many more options on holsters without the laser.