Glock Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am a new Glock owner and when my husband and I purchased our Glock 23's, I got the Crimson Trace laser and light to go on my 3rd Gen. I was wondering if anyone has used this particular laser and if they have had any sighting issues?

We purchased our equipment 7/31/12 and I had to take my Glock and sight back to our dealer yesterday because it was impossible to sight the laser without the adjustment screws standing out on the sight. At the time the laser was unable to be accurately sighted, I had only used the gun 4 times, for a total of 500 to 750 rounds. When our dealer phoned Crimson Trace because even he couldnt sight the laser (he has over 20 years of experience), the solution was literally to bang on the laser to reset the tension.

Because I am new to this, I do not know much about lasers. But really? Just bang on it and it resets? Sounds barbaric to me.

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Here is the link to the Crimson Trace Website and their 1 min video explaining how to "fix" the sighting problems. [ame]http://youtu.be/ShBUHo26fKE[/ame]

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,430 Posts
I'm pretty surprised with your problem. I've been using CrimsonTrace lasers for over 10 years with zero problems. 2 Glocks and 1 on my S&W revolver. Sounds like you may have one lemon. Yours is the only negative experience I've heard of.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lemon

I'm pretty surprised with your problem. I've been using CrimsonTrace lasers for over 10 years with zero problems. 2 Glocks and 1 on my S&W revolver. Sounds like you may have one lemon. Yours is the only negative experience I've heard of.
I too have not heard any negative comments or complaints on this laser, which is why we purchased the brand name along with the reliability. My main concern is that after it first went out of sight, I was easily able to get it back where it goes after we brought it home and I adjusted the screws. The laser worked well for the first magazine after that, then immediately went out of sight again. Does this mean that it is broken? Now it wont stay. Hopefully Crimson Trace calls our dealer back with information because I love this laser and it improves my accuracy 100%, as well as my husband and I have our CPL class Sept 9th. It would be nice to utilize this tool for the class.

Thank you for your info. It makes me feel better regarding getting a replacement.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Lee! I hope you enjoy the community.
We also have a dedicated ladies forum. Let me know if you would like access.

Enjoy!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Lee1028 said:
I would like access. Thank you :)
Great. I'll contact our administrator and let him know. It will probably be tomorrow. Just keep checking.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,430 Posts
I'd say it was broke. I doubt they will let you use the laser to qualify. I'm sure CrimsonTrace will take care of you. Have you talked to them yet? Or dealt with your dealer only?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd say it was broke. I doubt they will let you use the laser to qualify. I'm sure CrimsonTrace will take care of you. Have you talked to them yet? Or dealt with your dealer only?
So far I have only dealt with our dealer. I still have not heard anything, so I am going to call Crimson Trace myself today. I cant imagine with a name and reputation such as theirs, that they will not rectify the situation.

·
King of my Castle until my wife comes home
2,973 Posts
Lee1028 said:
So far I have only dealt with our dealer. I still have not heard anything, so I am going to call Crimson Trace myself today. I cant imagine with a name and reputation such as theirs, that they will not rectify the situation.
Call CT I have never had a problem with their products. I called for help sighting my LG and they where awesome!!!

·
227 Posts
I hate this laser set up, Just go with a rail system tac light and combo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts