Glock Firearms banner

81 - 100 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
My small county consists of mostly law enforcement and military. When I travel I don't advertise, but at my local Walmart, its more than likely I'm not the only one carrying. So, I will rock my GLOCK cover all day long.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is a tough subject for me. On one hand, I understand and acknowledge the benefit of being the "gray man". On the other, I really LIKE a few of my firearms related ball caps and t-shirts, including a BCM ball cap and a Gunsite shirt I wear from time to time.

In the end, I want to promote a positive example of a responsible gun owner. I think we really need to do this from time to time to help non-shooters understand most gun owners are NOT a bunch of clowns slinging AK's while they wait in line for a double mocha latte.

I choose my moments that I carry and wear firearms related clothing, and to be honest, 99% of the public, even here in South Texas, are clueless who my Gunsite, BCM, SOLGW, SIG, or Ruger hats or shirts represent. But the occasional "cool shirt/hat--thumbs up" I get and even give are a neat way of connecting to my brother and sister shooters to let them know we're not an army of one in a a vast pasture of "sheep-le".

YMMV!

·
Republic Of Texas & 50K Contest Winner Member
3,075 Posts
Depends on how fast on the draw you are. I practice drawing my weapon as much as possible, want to it be muscle memory. I practice with no jacket, a light jacket & a heavy coat on

·
Super Moderator
71,005 Posts
I wear my Glock hat some times and my wife wears my Glock sweatshirt ALL the time. We have never had any problems.
I do not put any advertising on my vehicles. Just asking for trouble.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Your right about accidentally flashing your gun. My buddy had his pistol between his seats in his car half the butt of the pistol was sticking up. Well some busybody saw it in a mall parking lot reported him to the cops. They were ready to arrest him pull his carry permit and lectured him on what concealed carry means.
I don’t quite understand what the law says. It doesn’t make much sense to me that a long gun can be out in the open in your car, but not a pistol? I thought in Texas that your vehicle is an considered an extension of your home, and a CCL is not required to have either one in your car. What about a pistol in a case where the case is out in the open?
Can anyone clarify?

81 - 100 of 145 Posts