Could wearing a Glock hat get you shot?

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by 360sheepdog, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Bayou

Bayou Well-Known Member

All the so called "hippies" in the 1960's used to wear shirts that said "No Nukes" and "Save the Whales" and this shirt was meant to be a joke by mixing the 2 phrases in a negative way.

2. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

I wear the 5.11 Stryke pants and shorts, because they have so many pockets & last forever. Besides the 5.11 pants. I try to wear non Tactical looking stuff. If you know 5.11 you'll know they are 5.11 pants or shorts. Maybe I should wear this tomorrow.

ImageUploadedByGlock Forum1487116431.296937.jpg

3. kwaynem

kwaynem Active Member

Nice but they may even draw more bad attention lol

4. Glockfinger

Glockfinger Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

I Wore the same Glock shooting sports cap just about every day for over several years until it was unwearable and nobody ever batted an eye in my direction, I also have molon labe tattooed down the length of my forearm for about the last 6 years, so far maybe 5 people have asked me what it means. I frequent many vacation spots with my wife every year and very few people know or even care what you are wearing or look like, just keep your gun out of sight and youll be fine.

RevV likes this.
  5. Lucian_253

Just curious. Which one did you wear?

6. Glockfinger

similar to the one in your pic above, only it says shooting sports below the glock logo. I just bought a new one a few months ago which says glock perfection with the option to put a Velcro patch on it.

7. Lucian_253

ImageUploadedByGlock Forum1487284719.111966.jpg

I really like the agency hats. Very comfortable. I wish the part on Velcro matched color of the hat like this.

ImageUploadedByGlock Forum1487284849.621350.jpg

Would standout less.

8. Glockfinger

Yeah, that's the one, I have both black and tan.

9. rocklobstr

rocklobstr New Member

On the other hand... If I'm an armed robber and notice a guy with an NRA hat on and another guy with a Glock cap on I'd likely move on and find a safer place to rob. I need a gunfight even less than you.

Danzig likes this.
  10. GARRIGA

GARRIGA Well-Known Member

Wore a GLOCK hat to the range one day. Lots of weird looks. Kind of defeats the whole concealment thing. Why advertise a strength? Plus fear not the loud mouth. Fear the guy who doesn't say much. At least that's been my experience.

11. cbus43026

cbus43026 2A Enthusiast & supporter

low-keyed and unassuming
    I do not wear firearms logo gear (OSU & Chicago Cubs , only!)

the only people that need to know I carry would be my wife and kids

Ten Man, kwaynem and jamesdo72 like this.
  12. fireman5

fireman5 Junior Member Supporter

WNY
    In the political climate now, if somebody doesn't like it, you might get attacked. I don't advertise what I carry. I do wear a shirt from the gun I use, that says the range time with my friends is my group therapy.

13. oak96

oak96 Active Member

Just thought id say hi from Portland

14. Chambered

Chambered Well-Known Member Supporter

One one I don't need to share that info with just anyone in public but on the bad guys typically are not the brightest bulbs in the box either. Not sure they would be to keen on studying your clothing to see they'll take you out first. I am not about to test dumb theory though.

Ten Man likes this.
  15. shawn.nky

shawn.nky Active Member

Couldn't agree more and out of all the store hold ups and armed robbers have I ever heard of someone being shot first because of a gun hat or shirt

truckbox likes this.
  16. Peepaw

Peepaw Well-Known Member

The most used gun type hat I wear is my well worn Molon Labe hat. Most bad guys don't have a clue. Lot of times I'm wearing a BCM hat. Bravo Co Mfg.

RevV, Lucian_253 and Southlake like this.
  17. Mitchell Ota

Mitchell Ota Active Member

I don't wear my NRA hat for the same reason.

truckbox likes this.
  18. ronnie948

ronnie948 Active Member

Every once in a while I will wear my "MAKE AMERICA GREAT CAP' along with my "NRA" T-shirt to Panara's or the mall just for the heck of it. The only thing I ever get is some high fives and have never been confronted by a fool idiot. If I was confronted verbally by anyone, I will just walk away and hope they are not stupid enough to touch me.
    This is America and I fought for the right to wear what I want to wear and that is just what I do.
    I see many T-shirts on kids with the F-Word prominently displayed and that is their right to wear it , I do not like seeing these type of shirts but it is the freedom people died to keep that is being displayed to me.
    I Say if you want to wear a Glock cap, a MAGA cap or a F-Word cap, It is your freedom to do so.
    I would rather be dead then controlled by un-American fools
    Ronnie

RevV, jhelper, Peepaw and 4 others like this.
  19. Chambered

Chambered Well-Known Member Supporter

Thank you for your service Ronnie. You and my dad both, US Army - Vietnam. You have something missing in today's young society, BALLS, (ok courage) 20180922_101544.jpg 20180922_101705.jpg

Southlake and TheKraken like this.
  20. ronnie948

ronnie948 Active Member

I'm sure your dad would agree to "NOT" let other people intimidate you for your views.
    There are people out there that try and get away with it, Most are just BULLIES and if they don't get their way, They try violence or intimidation. 95% of Americans just seem to bow down to these thugs and idiots. It is just nice that the fools are few and far between and when confronting a person like your Dad or me, will start weeping and run like a baby girl.
    I was also 2nd. infantry division. But 24th. transportation.
    Ronnie