Correction tips?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Darthash473, May 25, 2012.

1. Darthash473

Darthash473 New Member

I'm having some difficulties with my 22 & 27. Other than the obvious answer that I am doing something wrong, I am pulling my shots down and to the left in about the 8 o'clock direction. It usually happens mid mag and forces me to adjust way to the right. A big pain in GSSA matches.

I've tried different finger positions on the trigger, grip and off hand position. No other pistol I shoot does this. The adjustments I've tried mostly come from 1911 sites or for one handed competition.

Any suggestions out there? Thanks in advance.

2. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

Do you shoot a lot of glocks or mostly 1911?

3. Darthash473

Darthash473 New Member

Lately it's been Glocks and M&P. I don't have the issue with M&Ps.

4. pilotvtail

pilotvtail New Member

I have the same issue with my 23. No problems with my Sig 220 or HK USP.

5. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

I had a rough time shooting left with my 23 I have a 35 and can't hit dead center with it and everything else at 10 yards. But with the 23 I hit left. I blame it on the trigger style. The 35 has a smooth trigger and the 23 dosent. I think it is just easier to jerk or pull that style trigger. I would recommend dry fore practice and more rounds down range. After you get used to trigger this should solve itself. You might want to try a 3.5 connector to.

6. Darthash473

Darthash473 New Member

Thanks. I'll look for the lighter trigger set.

7. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

I shoot 8:00 groups with my Springfield XDM 4.5 .45 It has an awful trigger compared to my G21. No way you can just squeeze it. HappySniper says it feels "Mooshy Hard".
    Anyway, I just plan on a trigger job for it, nothing else to do.

8. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

I wouldn't carry it unless its your only carry gun until you get comfortable with that trigger. Also how far out do you put the target?

9. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

Or sell it and buy another glock lol.

The XD's aren't bad. I actually like the trigger on them. But I don't like the back strap safety or how high it sets in my hand.

10. SeventiesWreckers

I have no problem with it as a carry gun. Shooting 2 1/2 inches southwest of center at ten yards is no big deal. It'll do a magazine evac into a pizza box just fine, it's just not a target gun, not yet anyway. Here's last weeks target, 125 really old semi jacketed 226 grain hollow points. Hand loads from Feb 1976. Just shooting them up to get rid of them & give the gun a workout.

Attached Files:

11. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

Nice shooting. So are you turning it into a dedicated range/ target gun

12. Darthash473

Darthash473 New Member

I wouldn't overly worry about it but since it's a GSSF shoot, it becomes slightly important. I'm shooting the 27 just for sh*ts and giggles. But the 22 will start doing it at ~20 feet. The 27, a stage or two before that. The biggest change that I've implemented is I've moved my finger so the tip is on the trigger. It took a little of the drift away but still moves ~3" at 25 feet.

13. Darthash473

Darthash473 New Member

I'll try to take a pic the next time I'm at the range.

14. SeventiesWreckers

Thanks, in regard to the target that is. And no, not a range/target gun. Just a bit of tension reduction & a crisper break so it will fell more like the G21, and I can stop using Kentucky windage to walk them into center. Just make it a bit more fun to use. I do like it as a carry gun. Compared to the Military issue Colts we had, and used in real world situations, both the Glock 21 & the Springfield are like dream pistols. Like light years better.

15. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

Sounds good. Keep us posted. I'm interested to see how much that connector helps out other people who have/had this problem.