Glock Forum banner

How concerned are you about the Coronavirus?

• No worries - it's all media hype

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • Passively watching it as part of the news headlines

Votes: 28 33.3%
  • Actively following it with focused interest

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Taking steps to assure myself and my family are protected

Votes: 28 33.3%
  • Skeered it will get me as soon as it gets to my county

Votes: 0 0.0%
1261 - 1280 of 1308 Posts

·
Grumpy Old Man
8,989 Posts
Since they opened our state up to interstate and international travel! The virus is spreading like wild fire! We've had a couple of family members go down with it. Several people at Coles have had it. 70% of our Aboriginal population have got it! (In Port Augusta) I suppose my immediate family and I have just been lucky so far! The good news is though . It looks like we are going to lose the mask mandate by Easter!

·
Glockin’ since 1993
47,527 Posts
Since they opened our state up to interstate and international travel! The virus is spreading like wild fire! We've had a couple of family members go down with it. Several people at Coles have had it. 70% of our Aboriginal population have got it! (In Port Augusta) I suppose my immediate family and I have just been lucky so far! The good news is though . It looks like we are going to lose the mask mandate by Easter!
You know what strain? Are people flooding hospitals and many deaths?

·
Legitimate Combatant
7,265 Posts
US infection = 79M
This is most likely a severe under estimate.
How many infected never got tested?
Those that never showed symptoms?

US deaths = 947K
This is highly exaggerated as we all know.

US = 330M people with a projected death rate of .3%, math shows us that = 990K
Having not reached that number yet with an exaggerated death toll in place.

Add on CDC withheld data that would deter people from getting the jab due to excessive break through infections and there you have it. Big pharma would not make the $$$ it was promised by the government.

And what is data, a manipulation of numbers to fit the need and validate some corporate bean counter's job.

Similar to my work, energy conservation, save electric they say. HVAC computer login temperature control that no one can access.
This project was a success mind you!
All the women in the offices are cold so they all order 20amp heaters to place under their desks. My maintenance guys always consumed by resetting circuit breakers all winter long. Not to mention summer comes and all the fans come out!

Or is this just stepping over a dollar to pick up a penny?

@Old Bloke it is no wonder covid rates are going high. Keep it locked down for too long and exposure is very limited, kind of like a leper island but the virus has not struck yet and heard immunity from the real china flu is nill. Vax or not bring it in and spread it around like salmon spread on my bagel!

·
Grumpy Old Man
8,989 Posts
Well it's official, no more masks from the Thursday before Easter! Here in South OZ and about bloody time too! Mind you I feel sorry (NOT!) for the companies, who have made a small fortune manufacturing Masks ! Maybe they can retool ,to build nuclear bomb shelters or Protective clothing or the like!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I see that a FOURTH Pfizer vaccine is now being recommended for folks 50+!
This is getting ridiculous and I’m starting to feel like a sucker and a lab rat now.
It will be never ending. It was predicted, and now is coming true. The conspiracy theorists are right again.
To tell the truth, I figured with all the bad press and the mid terms this would have waned by now. Fauci is in hiding, or at least irrelevant to the politico's, and polls have changed minds.
I don't watch the evening Nooz, so all this could be somewhat incorrect, but there seems to be a trend. The radio stations are still "Advising" everyone to get the vaccine, but they are driven with advertising revenue. It plays every hour or two around here.
Pharmacy clerks are starting to stalk in some of the larger stores again too. Trying to get rid of the stuff I suppose. Flat out had to tell one to find something else to do, or his store manager. There was about to be a problem. He finally stopped following us around.

·
Registered
Fox Pepper Spray and....................
713 Posts
Well, this is weird. A couple years since I moved here I have had allergies, actually so bad I had shots 2 times a week for 18ish years. It has been a few since I have had them and usually take 2 fexofenadine (Allegra 180 prescription) a day just to keep them tolerable.
We are right in the middle of spring with everything blooming and my eyes have been just a tad itchy. Usually my nose is running off my face, sneezing, eyes are black and blue and swollen like a druggy because I am always rubbing them.
I can only think that having the china crud in Dec., has slowed my immune system down because it had to work so hard to beat the crud.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Well, this is weird. A couple years since I moved here I have had allergies, actually so bad I had shots 2 times a week for 18ish years. It has been a few since I have had them and usually take 2 fexofenadine (Allegra 180 prescription) a day just to keep them tolerable.
We are right in the middle of spring with everything blooming and my eyes have been just a tad itchy. Usually my nose is running off my face, sneezing, eyes are black and blue and swollen like a druggy because I am always rubbing them.
I can only think that having the china crud in Dec., has slowed my immune system down because it had to work so hard to beat the crud.
Your season may just be late, or the long winter killed off some offending pollen. It has been brutal here this year.
You could be right, but it usually doesn't work that way. Allergies aren't immune system driven, usually.

Reactions: Bayou

·
Legitimate Combatant
7,265 Posts
When I was young, diagnosed with asthma, tested for every allergen on earth, got to injections a week till I was 12 years old.
It had to stop, outgrew most all allergies by the time I was 15 and no real issues ever since.

Back to the china virus.
I drove through my old neighborhood over the weekend. Noticed an oriental woman, in the yard with her dog, with a pooper scooper picking up Fido's little steamers from the yard wearing a mask. No one in sight and still afraid it will get her.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
When I was young, diagnosed with asthma, tested for every allergen on earth, got to injections a week till I was 12 years old.
It had to stop, outgrew most all allergies by the time I was 15 and no real issues ever since.

Back to the china virus.
I drove through my old neighborhood over the weekend. Noticed an oriental woman, in the yard with her dog, with a pooper scooper picking up Fido's little steamers from the yard wearing a mask. No one in sight and still afraid it will get her.
Mask mandates were dropped over a year ago here. If you want to wear one, fine. If you want to hide in your closet and watch CNN, fine again. My folks run down and roll up their sleeve for every jab they can get and think it protects them. If that makes them happy, and fortunately nothing bad has come from it yet. Funny, they won't let anyone in the house that hasn't been boosted. They have no problems with us, and know it hasn't happened.
It is amazing the number of people riding alone in a car with a mask, and even a shield over it. Walmart finally dropped the madness, but most still wear them.
Madness, I tell you.

·
Registered
571 Posts

Back to the china virus.
I started wearing a mask mowing the yard, cut WAY back on my reaction to the grass. Nothing to do with COVID.

Who knows, maybe she doesn’t like the way Fido’s steamers smell?

Reactions: Olga17 and Bayou
1261 - 1280 of 1308 Posts