Glock Firearms banner

How concerned are you about the Coronavirus?

• No worries - it's all media hype

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Passively watching it as part of the news headlines

Votes: 29 39.2%
  • Actively following it with focused interest

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Taking steps to assure myself and my family are protected

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • Skeered it will get me as soon as it gets to my county

Votes: 1 1.4%
1021 - 1040 of 1051 Posts

·
Glockin’ since 1993
38,845 Posts
I tried going to my neighborhood Walgreens without a mask just to test the water and didn’t make it 3 steps in without being called out.
My girlfriend and I went to a ultra-Liberal cafe in Denton. The kinda place that has waiters and waitresses with unnatural hair color and multiple facial piercings.
3 steps in and waitress screamed that I needed a face mask. I had it in hand and donned it.
While we were eating, a couple in their forties walked in. Same waitress hollered at them. They said they didn’t have masks. She told them they couldn’t be in the building without masks. Mind you there’s only my table and one other occupied in the whole restaurant.
The couple went off on the waitress, who could have cared less. Let her know they would never be back.
Nice to see some pushback on the woke folk though.

·
Premium Member
13,283 Posts
In my area, only doctors office / hospitals / public transportation require masks now. Although the majority of stores have quietly dropped the mask requirement, the signs are still up most everywhere. I've been going into stores for weeks without a mask (I was usually the only one) and no one said anything. I hope this is the end of the mask BS.
I agree 100%!!

·
Registered
Fox Pepper Spray and....................
590 Posts
My family (4 of us) will be getting the 2nd Pfizer shot in 2 days. As has been said, it's a personal choice and I respect your right to refuse.
I wish all were like you, I feel like I should have a number tattooed on my arm

·
Registered
590 Posts
just found out a few days ago my cousin and his family contracted the china virus down in GA. majority of family are ok, one is in ICU with pneumonia from china virus.

It will be like cancer, we will all know some one who has had it or die from it.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
38,845 Posts
just found out a few days ago my cousin and his family contracted the china virus down in GA. majority of family are ok, one is in ICU with pneumonia from china virus.

It will be like cancer, we will all know some one who has had it or die from it.
Hope they pull through!

·
Grumpy Old Man
5,081 Posts
Problem I have with getting the 'Jab' ,is there is no information round here on where to get the damned thing! There's plenty of information if your in Adelaide (our capital city ) but bugger all for country centres!

·
Glockin’ since 1993
38,845 Posts
Problem I have with getting the 'Jab' ,is there is no information round here on where to get the damned thing! There's plenty of information if your in Adelaide (our capital city ) but bugger all for country centres!
They had lists you could enroll on through the county health departments. I inquired through my doctor, who happened to be getting a number of doses the next week.
I’d imagine you could do similarly in your locale?

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I’m surprised that Texas schools are not requiring the vaccine for 12 year old and above students which has been proven safe. This wouldn’t do anything for the elementary schools, but at least the Jr. High and High school students would be protected against the virus.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I’m surprised that Texas schools are not requiring the vaccine for 12 year old and above students which has been proven safe. This wouldn’t do anything for the elementary schools, but at least the Jr. High and High school students would be protected against the virus.
I just read a fox report there is a "potential" MILD heart conditions happening with young adults,

·
Registered
590 Posts
Thank you to all who replied and to the future replies.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
38,845 Posts
I just read a fox report there is a "potential" MILD heart conditions happening with young adults,
Risk versus reward. I think the effects of Covid on people below 30 has been far less debilitating and deadly than older or comorbidity infected.
The potential long term effects on youth with experimental vaccines could be catastrophic.
TheThalidomide tragedy is what comes to my mind.
I got vaccinated because I have comorbidity. My girlfriend is young with no underlying conditions and she doesn’t want the vaccine. I support her decision.

·
Super Moderator
62,921 Posts
I’ve had it twice.

First time 3/20, I talked about what I went thru for 5 days on the other side.

The second time was 3/21. This time my immune system kicked in and I was thru it in 3 days.

My young wife was much sicker than me both times. She contracted it from doctors offices both times.

She got thru it with drugs both times.

Others in each office including the doctors of each died.

One was the first doctor in Florida to die from it. He only had Chinese patients.

·
Premium Member
13,283 Posts
I’ve had it twice.

First time 3/20, I talked about what I went thru for 5 days on the other side.

The second time was 3/21. This time my immune system kicked in and I was thru it in 3 days.

My young wife was much sicker than me both times. She contracted it from doctors offices both times.

She got thru it with drugs both times.

Others in each office including the doctors of each died.

One was the first doctor in Florida to die from it. He only had Chinese patients.
You have a young Wife, & Danzig has a young girlfriend....my wife just keeps getting older every year! What am I doing wrong, lol!

1021 - 1040 of 1051 Posts