Glock Firearms banner

How concerned are you about the Coronavirus?

• No worries - it's all media hype

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • Passively watching it as part of the news headlines

Votes: 29 39.7%
  • Actively following it with focused interest

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • Taking steps to assure myself and my family are protected

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • Skeered it will get me as soon as it gets to my county

Votes: 1 1.4%
941 - 960 of 1009 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was diagnosed with COVID 19 after Christmas. Fatigue, diminished sense of taste, loss of sense of smell, and some muscle aches associated with COVID. No other symptoms. Took a few weeks to get some energy back. Still not very peppy, Sense of smell remains AWOL. I'm in my 70s, and aside from a reasonable diet and being on Hydroxychloroquine for arthritis, I'm doing well. First COVID vaccination was two weeks ago.

My opinion based on available knowledge is that COVID will be back every year similar to flu. Be ready for two vaccinations every fall.

At what point do you personally take the Coronavirus serious and change your daily routines?

I suppose we should take all viral outbreaks seriously, but most seem to last a few weeks then taper off. However, the Coronavirus (becoming more known as Covid-19) seems to be gaining steam rather than fading away. Then again, numbers could drop like a rock tomorrow.

Speaking just for myself, I have four thresholds in mind.

The first in terms of devoting reading time (attention) to it was clusters outside of China. That one has been tripped several times over. It is now in more than a dozen countries.

The next “heads up” threshold for me will be activity in a cluster of people in our country. Say, the homeless in California or Washington State. How long would a homeless person walk the streets before seeking medical care? However long that might be, the cases in the US will grow exponentially from there.

After that my personal trigger will be an active case in my state. At that point, I’ll start daily protocols to monitor the local impacts.

The last one will be a case in my county. I work in the public, so when (if) we have a case here, I'll have to go on limited exposure status in terms of who I see daily. That will mean knowing them and their routines.

The news is beginning to hint this was a breech in a lab in China. Was it accidental, or did they release it intentionally? The speculation and conspiracy theories are gathering momentum.

Finally, I seem to be getting better news from sources outside our mainstream US media. That’s sad, but it’s the world we live in.

This story at BBC is one of the best I’ve read.

Covid symptoms: What are they and how do I protect myself?

·
Gunslinger
9,760 Posts
My wife has had a low grade fever for a couple of weeks. She had a round of
antibiotics but that didn't fix it. Her only other symptoms are fatigue and a
general all over bad feeling. I hope she doesn't have Covid 19. If she does she
certainly has a mild case. I would really prefer not to know. Quarantine would
be a real b!tch for us right now.

·
Super Moderator
62,378 Posts
My wife has had a low grade fever for a couple of weeks. She had a round of
antibiotics but that didn't fix it. Her only other symptoms are fatigue and a
general all over bad feeling. I hope she doesn't have Covid 19. If she does she
certainly has a mild case. I would really prefer not to know. Quarantine would
be a real b!tch for us right now.
Let’s pray it’s just Geezerphobia!

·
Legitimate Combatant
3,873 Posts
I am so over this mess.

Here @ the compound no one could care less. We have conducted life as normal, weddings, big family Holiday gatherings, gun shows and some range trips with low round counts. Have to test out new firearms now and then.

Yes, we wear a mask @ business' that require it.

My neighbors were struggling the other week, contractor with them filling a state body truck with debris, wheel barrow, ramps etc...
Being a good neighbor I went over with the tractor and quickly loaded the truck & trailer with all debris. Graded area flat and smooth so they can add lime and seed.

The husband kept taking his mask off while talking to me. He's been cooped up to long and we don't talk often any more. His wife had a fit, kept making him pull his mask up and dragging him away from me. She is ultra-paranoid.

People @ the grocery store are just rude. I've been attacked by many for not wearing my mask in the parking lot.

Still see people on a local bike trail peddling their a$$ off wearing a mask.

Off my soapbox now!
Needed to vent I guess.

·
Registered
Fox Pepper Spray and....................
525 Posts
making syrup tonight and I have told people who want to come over WE here at the sugar house are not following the Gestapo Mandates, every one is more than welcome to come and if so wear their mask but most here will not be.

I am going to start rolling window down at stop lights and asking people who are by themselves why they are wearing a mask.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Ok, i was pumping gas and this guy comes walking out of store with a full blown painting mask on with filters etc. I yelled across the parking " Hey buddy thats going a little to far get real" He pulls it off and said he had to wear something to get his coffee otherwise they wouldnt serve him.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The lefty medias with their sensational and emotional articles on the Covid-19 to scare as many people as possible so that they accept the stupid measures that were implemented for a year now. The press is an accomplice of our state apparatus which wants to play communist China. They manipulate people, terrorize them and make them feel guilty to avoid any revolt. Wake up sheeps !

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,325 Posts
My Yahoo daily newsfeed headlines are written by the lunatic left. Besides picking “news” stories that a Berkeley graduate would call propaganda, you are guaranteed at least one story screaming about Trump. TDS is strong at yahoo.
440A7619-5425-40E2-B3AB-49433D6A5E59.jpeg

From today’s feed.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,325 Posts
For those curious this is the first page of the waiver form I filled out. J&J Janssen vaccine
926A1E97-EC5C-4C84-AB31-094C22FD761B.jpeg

·
Registered
525 Posts
Meanwhile in Canada....
View attachment 244564 View attachment 244563 View attachment 244565 View attachment 244566
I have only been to canuukville once that was for my Bachelor party at a very upstanding establishment Hotel Gasslin?. Almost didnt get in then and I only had a misdemeanor class 3 and 6 conviction for assualt back when I was young and dumb in AZ As of now i dont plan on going to and spending time in a concentration camp.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,325 Posts

·
Administrator
132,883 Posts
Looks like if you want to travel they’re going to make you have proof of being vaccinated.
View attachment 244691
I can’t wait for cruises to start back up again had 3 canceled because of this covid crap

·
Super Moderator
72,329 Posts
Looks like if you want to travel they’re going to make you have proof of being vaccinated.
View attachment 244691
OH CRAP, I remember that ship. LOL!!!
This is what we are being told as well. We teach on Norwegian Cruise lines every February and was told we would have to be vaccinated to be able to work on any of the ships this coming year. So the wife and I just got our 1st phiser shot. We get our second one in three weeks. I hate but my work requires us to travel and this may be the only way for us to travel in the near future.

941 - 960 of 1009 Posts