Glock Firearms banner

How concerned are you about the Coronavirus?

• No worries - it's all media hype

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Passively watching it as part of the news headlines

Votes: 30 42.9%
  • Actively following it with focused interest

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • Taking steps to assure myself and my family are protected

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • Skeered it will get me as soon as it gets to my county

Votes: 0 0.0%
901 - 920 of 941 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Unlike a flu vaccine, there is no form of virus in the Pfizer/Moderna vaccines. There’s nothing in them to cause a false positives in a test looking for the virus. It’s possible someone was trying to use an antibody test to detect active infections (a theory that was determined did not work early on). So it’s possible someone is using the wrong test and misinterpreting the outcome but that *should* be unlikely.

The best standard for rapid tests right now are molecular PCR.
Update - I just came from a meeting regarding if the vaccine should be given to immune suppressed patients. The concern is that the suppression will prevent the body from building immunity. One of the points brought up is that the because the mRNA vaccines work different the antibodies they create are different than the antibodies you would get from having the virus - therefore the current antibody tests cannot pickup the vaccine antibodies.

So I personally don’t see any way for the vaccine to cause a false positive.

Sending the test off for 3 days sounds like a non-rapid PCR test, probably Quest or Labcorp’s test. How is she doing?

·
Gunslinger
9,206 Posts
The last time I was in the hospital (pre-covid) they were understaffed. I would really hate to be in the hospital now. I am postponing my hip/leg surgery for now. At least until I get the vaccine. Last I checked only emergency surgeries were being done.

·
Premium Member
12,886 Posts
Update - I just came from a meeting regarding if the vaccine should be given to immune suppressed patients. The concern is that the suppression will prevent the body from building immunity. One of the points brought up is that the because the mRNA vaccines work different the antibodies they create are different than the antibodies you would get from having the virus - therefore the current antibody tests cannot pickup the vaccine antibodies.

So I personally don’t see any way for the vaccine to cause a false positive.

Sending the test off for 3 days sounds like a non-rapid PCR test, probably Quest or Labcorp’s test. How is she doing?
My Wife is doing great. She is covid free, & currently taking the week off from the chaos at work.

·
Premium Member
12,886 Posts
Well, my wife is an LPN at an elderly home and she gets tested every Monday and Thursday,Was going well until this morning. She had an inservice and was to be to work at 8 am. They called at 7 and told her she was positive now. I also had to call in and tell my employer (Penn Dot) The stupid thing is,I have to stay home and quarantine not only for the 14 days my wife is home but I also have to stay quarantined 14 days after she's done.I wont be able to go back to work until February 9th..Thankfully,I have 10 days of emergency sick and much more accrued sick leave to use..Neither of us show signs as of yet..
How’s your Wife doing?

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
My Wife’s tests get sent out to a lab. Takes 3 days to get the results. These are provided by her employer.
It must be some agreement between your wife's employer and the lab. I went in last week for a echocardiogram and they administered a rapid test. Got my results in 15 minutes. They are out there. It's just finding them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Wife and I are now in Naples Florida hiding from the weather back home. Here, it's all WIDE OPEN, Bars, restaurants, grocery stores , churches etc. as if there's no virus at all. Seems we're all practicing common sense rather than being herded by regulations and business lockdowns. Needless to say, I'm no fool ,and at my age, know if i contract this stuff, it's possible dirt nap. When my turn comes, I will get the vaccine. But with the time I have left, I just refuse to assume the fetal position and let this stuff dictate all I can do.

Mark

·
Registered
470 Posts
Wife and I are now in Naples Florida hiding from the weather back home. Here, it's all WIDE OPEN, Bars, restaurants, grocery stores , churches etc. as if there's no virus at all. Seems we're all practicing common sense rather than being herded by regulations and business lockdowns. Needless to say, I'm no fool ,and at my age, know if i contract this stuff, it's possible dirt nap. When my turn comes, I will get the vaccine. But with the time I have left, I just refuse to assume the fetal position and let this stuff dictate all I can do.
Naples has a or use too have a very good hospital. love sitting on the beach with a beer in my hand watching the g string fat guy walk by with some serious arm candy!

Mark
The last time I was in the hospital (pre-covid) they were understaffed. I would really hate to be in the hospital now. I am postponing my hip/leg surgery for now. At least until I get the vaccine. Last I checked only emergency surgeries were being done.
The surgery most likely isn't up to you, MIL hip replacement surgery was cancelled by the Hospital just 2 days before it was to be done. Supposedly NH covid cases are spiking.

·
Registered
470 Posts
so what about HIPPA and having to show a medical card saying you were injected with unknown substance so you can fly

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #917
So after all these months I have tested positive. My work puts me in the public so God only knows where I was actually exposed.

Symptoms are regular cold symptoms. Nothing weird, and no fever. My doc jumped on the news and has me set up for the antibodies infusion on Monday. Mrs. 2-glocks has not yet been tested but feels a bit fatigued. She plans to go for a quick-test on Monday while I'm having the infusion done.

I can still smell bacon cooking and had a tasty breakfast!

·
Super Moderator
71,037 Posts
So after all these months I have tested positive. My work puts me in the public so God only knows where I was actually exposed.

Symptoms are regular cold symptoms. Nothing weird, and no fever. My doc jumped on the news and has me set up for the antibodies infusion on Monday. Mrs. 2-glocks has not yet been tested but feels a bit fatigued. She plans to go for a quick-test on Monday while I'm having the infusion done.

Sorry to hear about

Sorry to hear about your positive testing of the Covid virus. Praying that your symptom's stay mild and that Mrs. 2-glocks doesn't test positive.🙏🙏🙏

·
Gunslinger
9,206 Posts

Very sorry to hear that. Hope you and the Mrs have light cases. Praying for you.

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts

Hope for your speedy recovery. My niece and her husband also positive with minor symptoms.

Reactions: jhg
901 - 920 of 941 Posts