Glock Forum banner

How concerned are you about the Coronavirus?

• No worries - it's all media hype

Votes: 16 18.4%
  • Passively watching it as part of the news headlines

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • Actively following it with focused interest

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Taking steps to assure myself and my family are protected

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • Skeered it will get me as soon as it gets to my county

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 232 Posts

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,492 Posts
I think everyone has been waiting and watching for the big one. Luckily despite hype we haven’t had anything too crazy.
The 1918 influenza pandemic (January 1918 – December 1920; colloquially known as Spanish flu) was an unusually deadly influenza pandemic, It infected 500 million people around the world, or about 27% of the then world population of 1800 or 1900 million, including people on remote Pacific islands and in the Arctic. The death toll is estimated to have been 40 million to 50 million, and possibly as high as 100 million, making it one of the deadliest epidemics in human history.

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,492 Posts
Product Sleeve Font Street fashion Formal wear

The White House is asking Congress for $2.5 billion to respond to the coronavirus illness known as COVID-19 that has killed more than 2,600 people in mainland China, but House Speaker Nancy Pelosi called the request inadequate.

The administration's supplemental funding plan was designed "to accelerate vaccine development, support preparedness and response activities and to procure much-needed equipment and supplies," said Office of Management and Budget spokeswoman Rachel Semmel.

Pelosi, D-California, said in a statement that the administration's request is “is long overdue and completely inadequate to the scale of this emergency.”

She also accused the Trump administration of leaving vacant critical positions at the National Security Council and Department of Homeland Security.

"And now, the president is compounding our vulnerabilities by seeking to ransack funds still needed to keep Ebola in check," Pelosi said.

"The president should not be raiding money that Congress has appropriated for other life-or-death public health priorities," she said, suggesting that the House would move forward with its own plan.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-New York, signaled his disapproval as well, saying the effort was "too little too late."

"That President Trump is trying to steal funds dedicated to fight Ebola — which is still considered an epidemic in the Democratic Republic of the Congo — is indicative of his towering incompetence and further proof that he and his administration aren't taking the coronavirus crisis as seriously as they need to be," Schumer said in a statement.

...and the Democrats can’t help themselves from trying to make political points.

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,492 Posts
I'm not paranoid BUT ain't stupid either. It' s out there and looks like it's stayin for a while. I'll stay away from crowds and certainly won't buy China products ( that looks like I'll buy NOTHING :) then). The first thing I did do is DUMP my stock portfolio last Thursday (Yes, capitalist here- suggest "you" look into "your" financials too). Other than that, all's good.
By “staying here awhile” I agree but in the same way bird flu, swine flu, ebola and other potential pandemics are still around.

Now I think there’s some political and financial games being played, capitalizing on this “crisis”.

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,492 Posts
Another conspiracy theory is that the virus was being manufactured to deal with Hong Kong protesters and end the demonstrations.
True? Got me. Doubt there’s a smoking gun to prove it if it was true.

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,492 Posts
I don’t see it being Hillary. I’m sure there’ll be a cabal. Kerry and a bunch of others have been working behind the scenes nonstop since Obama left the Whitehouse. It’s clear cut sedition and treason yet they are getting away with it. If Trump loses Lord help us!

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,492 Posts
Could this be a taste of Draconian rule in the future?
My apologizes........Democratic rule.......
The sure fire way to get wide spread compliance is during a health crisis. When that doesn't work, call in the National Guard.
Folks wake up........It's a form of SUBJUGATION.
I can’t stop thinking of these movies;
Gas mask Poster Font Personal protective equipment Fictional character

Original
Photograph White Light Water Black

Remake but different.

1 - 20 of 232 Posts