Glock Forum banner

How concerned are you about the Coronavirus?

• No worries - it's all media hype

Votes: 16 18.4%
  • Passively watching it as part of the news headlines

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • Actively following it with focused interest

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Taking steps to assure myself and my family are protected

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • Skeered it will get me as soon as it gets to my county

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
742 Posts
I got my coronavirus shot when it became available, and then got the booster shot, and then another booster shot.

I wear masks or not depending on whatever the authorities are advising me.

I've travelled to Europe in late 2021 when they had very strict travelling rules which changed almost weekly. No issues at the border. The Germans were and are very strict.

As a blood platelet donor I get a medical checkup every two weeks. No problems so far.

I go out every single day and have been doing so for the past 2 1/2 years. But i don't out to bars or clubs or events. I go out to run, cycle, enjoy the outdoors. Or just get groceries.

I haven't had coronavirus so far, knock on wood.

Wash your hands, be careful, use common sense.

· Registered
742 Posts
After never ending infection and mortality rates of 2020. Nobody wants to show those numbers now.
Remember the Democrats and media screaming Trump has 400,000 dead Americans blood on his hands?
We’re well over 1 million deaths Nationwide and not so much as a peep that Biden has any part of it.
Ahhh! But wait…
View attachment 277924
I guess this will be the winter of our death and despair.
Eh, whatever. At least Biden’s coming through with his cure for cancer. No joke.
View attachment 277925

The story is not totally made up of thin air ... the founders of BioNTech, living in Germany but originally from Turkey, have been doing cancer research for decades, that was their original research goal. Then when Covid came up in 2020 they thought "our research could be helpful for Covid as well", and it did.

I sure hope they do find a cure for at least some types of cancer.

· Registered
742 Posts
At this point the word Covid should be stricken from all forms of literature.
Needs to end soon, I hope.
I don't think it is going to go away anytime soon, whether you like it or not. I think it's something like the flu, where you need regular shots.

If people don't want to get vaccinated that is their right but they are really playing Russian roulette with their lives, especially if they are elderly or have pre-existing medical issues.

· Registered
742 Posts
I'm not buying into it.

Mom had it in 2020 @ 94 years of age, an encyclopedia of pre-existing conditions and a cancer survivor to boot! She managed to survive the "Rona" without issue?

So now I need regular shots for the flu???
I'm glad your mom lived through it, but the statistics for people who are unvaccinated versus the people who are vaccinated, strongly suggest that it is a really good idea to get vaccinated.

But it's up to you.

Vaccinations are free where I live. Didn't pay a penny for the J&J initial vaccination or any of the booster shots. Or flu shots.

And I never get sick, neither from the flu or Covid. And I get outside every single day.

· Registered
742 Posts
Pills to enhance male performance 5-9yrs of clinical trials before they release to the public.
Pills for depression that may cause all kinds of issues 5-9yrs clinical trials before they release to the public.
Covid vax....a year at best and released to the public.
Yeah, but you have to look at the big picture. If you can't get your d*** up, nobody is going to die. So Pfizer is taking its time for clinical trials and the FDA to review the results.

With a worldwide epidemic that is killing millions of people, it's a little bit different. Yes the FDA will issue an emergency authorization if the new drug seems to work.

It's like emergency medicine. If you get shot you try to stop the bleeding with a tourniquet or whatever you have available. Ain't perfect but the docs can sort it all out later when you get to the hospital. Hopefully in time.

· Registered
742 Posts
In the meantime, in China ... the "zero Covid policy", where large parts of the population (notably the elderly) did not get a vaccination, has turned out to be a failure. The population still remains on lockdown (and it's enforced by the government, and violently if necessary). They were offered covid shots developed in the West (BioNTech) but preferred their own homegrown and less effective. And now they are scrambling to get everyone vaccinated, but that's easier said than done with a population of 1.4 billion.

I am just happy I do not live in China.

· Registered
742 Posts
In the meantime, the Chinese "zero Covid" policy (forcing everyone to stay home rather than vaccinating people) is turning out to be a complete disaster. The official numbers from the Chinese government show 10.6 million infections (according to the WHO). The real numbers are probably at least 20 times that number. How would we know? Well, plane travelers from China are being tested in the countries of arrival. If you at the infection rates as reported by the Korean and Japanese health officials (comparable to the CDC), the infection rates are anywhere from 8% (Japan) to 23% (Korea). If you consider that plane travelers probably are feeling healthy before embarking on a plane, the infection rates in mainland China are probably much higher, anywhere from 20% to 50%. With a population of 1.4 billion, that translates to 280 million to 700 million infections. So much for trying to cover up the truth.

· Registered
742 Posts
Wait what? Are you saying communism is bad? AOC is taking you off her Christmas card list
I don't whether China is "communist", although they certainly call themselves that. It seems more like a system that takes good care of a small group of people (financially and otherwise) while bulldozing over the masses. It's free years since Covid broke out and they are not even close to dealing with the entire situation, by locking up their people rather than just get it over and done with and organizing mass vaccinations. Say what you want about the CDC and the changed policies over time but at least we're free and we're doing okay relatively in terms of dealing with Covid.

I don't believe that Covid is going to go away anytime soon, there will be variants and different strains. My estimated guess is that is going to be similar to the flu where you get an annual shot (or not). I got my shot and booster whenever they were available and haven't been sick even for one day, but that's just me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts