Glock Forum banner

How concerned are you about the Coronavirus?

• No worries - it's all media hype

Votes: 16 18.4%
  • Passively watching it as part of the news headlines

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • Actively following it with focused interest

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Taking steps to assure myself and my family are protected

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • Skeered it will get me as soon as it gets to my county

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 19 of 62 Posts

· Registered
Fox Pepper Spray and....................
766 Posts
I hate flying Petri dishes, will be getting on one this spring once this corona beer virus is in full swing here in the US

Reactions: LElliott

· Registered
766 Posts
all personal contact businesses (hair saloons, tattoos, nails, barbers, etc) are closed in VT, all non essential workers stay home. Concrete companies shut down, carpenters are all done, antique stores, mom n pop gift stores, ski resorts, restaurants take out only. Medical triage tents set up out side all medical facilities you stop there first, all power company projects on hold.

I travel 24 miles to work and had 5 cars going same way this morning into a city of 20K.

· Registered
766 Posts
I wonder at what point Covid becomes contagious. Can someone who has been exposed in turn expose others or do they have to be positive? If someone tests positive are they contagious or do they have to develop symptoms first? There is lots I don't understand. My son is worried because he was exposed to a lady who was in turn exposed to a lady who has tested positive. Is his concern justified? Better to be overly cautious I suppose. His mom and I are both in the high risk of death should we get the virus. As for my personal concerns I am definitely concerned but not scared s*itless. I have lived a long and satisfying life. No one lives forever. I am not really ready to go yet but if it gets me it gets me.
We had the exact same thing in our office, as soon as our office found out about her friend who she hung out with all last weekend was a co worker and sharing tools at GE with a guy who tested positive she left immediately. That was Monday and she has no symptoms at this time. The co worker has shown no signs or symptoms either.

Is the concern justified hell yes, just cant panic and, think about the big picture.

· Registered
766 Posts
the rest of the symptoms are influenza-like so how does anyone really know. .
Incorrect! Some times NO SYMPTOMS like the 20 something down the road from me. Mom and dad had all the symptoms (50's ish) the kid (20 ish) smokes like a chimney and drinks soda and eat bon bons NOT ONE SYMPTOM and they all tested positive.

Reactions: Danzig

· Registered
766 Posts
unemployment numbers HUH?? Well let me pose this question(s)
1. are full unemployment and partial separated. My guess NO
2. are the Partial or Full unemployment numbers taken off the list when the PPP program was enacted? MY guess NO.
So what are the real numbers
My company had 36 employees cut to 32 hours a week. Some filed for partial unemployment, Now EVERYONE is back to work full time.

Reactions: Danzig

· Registered
766 Posts
Who really knows. All I can say is as Americans, hell as human beings, we better pray that it is in fact being blown way out of proportion.
Bro in Phx AZ talked to old co worker last week, he went to a testing site. Signed up and started WAITING< WAITING< WAITING........ he got tired of waiting and left. Next day he got a call he tested positive and needs to quarantine. He asked how he tested positive if he left before the test, all he heard was dial tone after that.

· Registered
766 Posts
There’s a money aspect too.
Hospitals are going to get reimbursements from the Feds for Coronavirus cases and associated care. State, County and Municipalities are also getting and stand to get more money for Coronavirus aid. Cuomo is really pushing to get “Coronavirus aid” dollars to bail him out of a lot of money woes. Another reason why Schumer and Pelosi are playing hardball on this current stimulus package.
I have heard 3500 for every positive test, how true that is i am not sure.

Reactions: wrpNYFL

· Registered
766 Posts
well my hunting buddy told me over the weekend that if you dont practice the safety precautions ie: wear a mask, wash your hands etc etc etc and you contract and pass covid to others you can be sued for loss time, medical etc by the ones who catch it.
SHHHHHHH dont tell any one or the deer in the woods, I didnt wear a mask while hunting.

OHH wait gotta see deer first before you can infect them

· Registered
766 Posts
Wife and I are now in Naples Florida hiding from the weather back home. Here, it's all WIDE OPEN, Bars, restaurants, grocery stores , churches etc. as if there's no virus at all. Seems we're all practicing common sense rather than being herded by regulations and business lockdowns. Needless to say, I'm no fool ,and at my age, know if i contract this stuff, it's possible dirt nap. When my turn comes, I will get the vaccine. But with the time I have left, I just refuse to assume the fetal position and let this stuff dictate all I can do.
Naples has a or use too have a very good hospital. love sitting on the beach with a beer in my hand watching the g string fat guy walk by with some serious arm candy!

Mark
The last time I was in the hospital (pre-covid) they were understaffed. I would really hate to be in the hospital now. I am postponing my hip/leg surgery for now. At least until I get the vaccine. Last I checked only emergency surgeries were being done.
The surgery most likely isn't up to you, MIL hip replacement surgery was cancelled by the Hospital just 2 days before it was to be done. Supposedly NH covid cases are spiking.

· Registered
766 Posts
WSJ article reported the vaccine trials in South Africa had participants in the control group who had previously recovered from COVID get re-infected by the South African mutation. The same is thought to be happening in Brazil.

It’s early information and if we’ve learned anything from COVID it’s to be careful with early information. But if it holds true, it really sucks!

FWIW - after my 2nd dose I ran a fever of 102. It’s really weird to feel that sick and know you’re not actually infected with anything. If it makes anyone feel any better, only 10 out of 10,000 study participants had a fever that high after the 2nd dose. I’m not looking forward to the booster though.
WSJ? I dont believe them on anything they print. 10 out of 10K, that's 10 to many for me at .001%
USA population approximately 332,151,698
USA covid cases 26,682,632
USA covid deaths 450,754
chance of getting covid .803%
chance of death? .016%
chance of unknown side effect from covid
Hair Eyebrow Eye Symbol Logo

Reactions: wrpNYFL

· Registered
766 Posts
Thanks all. I appreciate the thoughts and prayers.

While we got sick within days of each other, my wife's bout with this was a best case scenario. Mine was serious but did not become worst-case, even though it could have easily gone that way. She is pretty much back up to full speed. Today is the first day I've really felt like reading, browsing, and posting.

And my apologies. When I got home I thought about the poll and looked up the discussion. Now I've realized that I kinda-sorta hijacked my own thread into a different topic. Say @Dark Knight is is possible to split the "I caught the 'rona" part into a different topic?

Thanks again to all, and with my prayers you don't catch this evil malady!
May I ask, did you take vitamins before/after or during your covid? and if so what vitamins did you take. I am on some that are supposed to help with symptoms to keep them to a minimum.

· Registered
766 Posts
making syrup tonight and I have told people who want to come over WE here at the sugar house are not following the Gestapo Mandates, every one is more than welcome to come and if so wear their mask but most here will not be.

I am going to start rolling window down at stop lights and asking people who are by themselves why they are wearing a mask.

1 - 19 of 62 Posts