Glock Forum banner

How concerned are you about the Coronavirus?

• No worries - it's all media hype

Votes: 16 18.4%
  • Passively watching it as part of the news headlines

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • Actively following it with focused interest

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Taking steps to assure myself and my family are protected

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • Skeered it will get me as soon as it gets to my county

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
1,576 Posts
Don't know if this is already here, bu worth repeating.
Cartoon Gesture Happy Sky Art

· Registered
1,576 Posts
Has anyone noticed this miraculously came to a "disaster" as soon as the impeachment went belly up?
H1N1 was wide spread and pretty bad. Tens of thousands succumbed to it. No one hardly batted an eye. Flu precautions and go on with life.
This comes about and the whole country freaks out. Maybe the world, but do we trust the media? What is with the toilet paper?
Anyhoo, not many schools closed, there was no shut down, the country didn't turn on it's ear with the H1N1, but this seemingly minor bug? Not so much.
What are they trying to cover up or hide with all this? Maybe nothing, but I'm not too sure.
Footwear Street fashion Font Art Cool

· Registered
1,576 Posts
I chimed in early on in this thread. Maybe just hit the poll, don't remember.
Anyhoo, as of today, right now. I know ZERO people who have succumbed to the virus. I know 3 people who have succumbed to the vax. Da Boy is still fighting side effects a month later after his first jab. Symptoms still haven't cleaed up enough they will even consider the second, much less his considering it. He didn't want to give up 19 years in the AF over it. He was planning on serving 25 years, but has gone from that to hoping he'll be able to finish his 20 next November. They are working on an exemption, but he doesn't know how that is going since no one will tell him.
My parents know a few folks and the NP at my docs office had an uncle that raised her pass. She argued with me one afternoon about the hospital protocols being practiced as set forth by the CDC. She witnessed it in full force. We have know eachother for longer than either of us care to admit, reaching back to her ER days. Nice lady, but just couldn't believe the way things are being handled in many places. He was probably about as close to someone I "knew", as I knew him 3rd party through her. Seemed like a stand up gent.
My feelings toward all this have not changed and being called a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist hasn't changed my mind either. I do need to go out and find some more conspiracy theories, since the ones I stood on are becoming painfully true.
Just like flu shots, if you think its a good idea, get it. If you don't, or have some deep reservation you can't understand, that little voice has never steered me wrong.
Cheers

· Registered
1,576 Posts
Covid has suddenly hit my family like a bomb. I have it, my wife, daughter, new SIL and grandson all have gotten it in the past week. No one in the hospital so far. 🤞 🙏. It must be Omicron. We are all doing better than I expected.
Most people, almost all of them, do much better than the Nooz Mafia would have you believe.
Get well soon and best wishes to your family.
As for me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Forehead Mouth Beard Jaw Font

· Registered
1,576 Posts
I see that a FOURTH Pfizer vaccine is now being recommended for folks 50+!
This is getting ridiculous and I’m starting to feel like a sucker and a lab rat now.
It will be never ending. It was predicted, and now is coming true. The conspiracy theorists are right again.
To tell the truth, I figured with all the bad press and the mid terms this would have waned by now. Fauci is in hiding, or at least irrelevant to the politico's, and polls have changed minds.
I don't watch the evening Nooz, so all this could be somewhat incorrect, but there seems to be a trend. The radio stations are still "Advising" everyone to get the vaccine, but they are driven with advertising revenue. It plays every hour or two around here.
Pharmacy clerks are starting to stalk in some of the larger stores again too. Trying to get rid of the stuff I suppose. Flat out had to tell one to find something else to do, or his store manager. There was about to be a problem. He finally stopped following us around.

· Registered
1,576 Posts
Well, this is weird. A couple years since I moved here I have had allergies, actually so bad I had shots 2 times a week for 18ish years. It has been a few since I have had them and usually take 2 fexofenadine (Allegra 180 prescription) a day just to keep them tolerable.
We are right in the middle of spring with everything blooming and my eyes have been just a tad itchy. Usually my nose is running off my face, sneezing, eyes are black and blue and swollen like a druggy because I am always rubbing them.
I can only think that having the china crud in Dec., has slowed my immune system down because it had to work so hard to beat the crud.
Your season may just be late, or the long winter killed off some offending pollen. It has been brutal here this year.
You could be right, but it usually doesn't work that way. Allergies aren't immune system driven, usually.

Reactions: Bayou

· Registered
1,576 Posts
When I was young, diagnosed with asthma, tested for every allergen on earth, got to injections a week till I was 12 years old.
It had to stop, outgrew most all allergies by the time I was 15 and no real issues ever since.

Back to the china virus.
I drove through my old neighborhood over the weekend. Noticed an oriental woman, in the yard with her dog, with a pooper scooper picking up Fido's little steamers from the yard wearing a mask. No one in sight and still afraid it will get her.
Mask mandates were dropped over a year ago here. If you want to wear one, fine. If you want to hide in your closet and watch CNN, fine again. My folks run down and roll up their sleeve for every jab they can get and think it protects them. If that makes them happy, and fortunately nothing bad has come from it yet. Funny, they won't let anyone in the house that hasn't been boosted. They have no problems with us, and know it hasn't happened.
It is amazing the number of people riding alone in a car with a mask, and even a shield over it. Walmart finally dropped the madness, but most still wear them.
Madness, I tell you.

· Registered
1,576 Posts
First they said if I got vaccinated I wouldn't get COVID. Then they said if I was vaccinated and got COVID I wouldn't have to be hospitalized. Then it was if I was vaccinated and got COVID and had to be hospitalized I wouldn't die. Well, I didn't die.
And we are all happy about that. There would be a big hole here if you weren't here to fill it.

If you want the vaccine, get it. If you want how ever many boosters they are up to now, get it. If you want to live in the back of your closet and never see light of day, do it. If you want to live in fear, do it.
If you want me to do all that to make you feel better, you are going to be disappointed.

· Registered
1,576 Posts
Very kind words my friend.
"And we are all happy about that. There would be a big hole here if you weren't here to fill it."

You know this part was the only one directed to you. Of curse you do.
Stay frosty.

Reactions: Olga17 and jhg

· Registered
1,576 Posts
Reactions: Danzig and jhg

· Registered
1,576 Posts
Have we done this one?
Blue Font Technology Laptop Electric blue

· Registered
1,576 Posts
Not quite. Ivermectin. Read the article. They are trying to fix something that isn't broken and will rationalize their propaganda.
They "think" it may possess anti-inflammatory properties? 100 times the dose recommended for "humans" I thought it was never recommended for humans.
The resistance is amazing, rabid, and in the end futile, because people already know it works, they don't think it might. Most of the meds they DO recommend have proven to be extremely dangerous for many. They don't have time for all that, though.
There is a VERY DEMENTED reason they will not tell you the name of the med for the vax or the "Approved" oral treatments they talk about on TV all the time. They would have to disclose the top negative side effects. Buyer beware.
Let's not make a Saint out of a Sinner. (Dr Jekyll, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)

· Registered
1,576 Posts
The motto of the US Communist Party.
Font Tie Suit Formal wear Event

· Registered
1,576 Posts

· Registered
1,576 Posts
In my circle of friends & family. Everyone that got vaccinated has had Covid at least once. The unvaccinated ones, have yet to get Covid.
Same. As a party of One, I don't know a single person who died from the Rona. I know 3 that died from the jab. Of course it wasn't "official".
I know several who do know someone who died from the rona, but after listening to the "treatment" they suffered, I'm convinced it was something else.

· Registered
1,576 Posts
Most don’t die from rona. They die with rona. They already had so much crap wrong with them, they were on borrowed time.
For a large part, but horror stories have emerged. Too many of the same plot to disregard. Even reading the "official protocol" is pretty concerning.

Reactions: Danzig and RIP

· Registered
1,576 Posts
Actually my wife lost two family members to the delta variant. One vaccinated, one not, & both over 65. I can’t believe I forgot about them. It’s been a crazy couple years!!
To say the least.

Reactions: Danzig

· Registered
1,576 Posts
Covid vaccines are "free" everywhere. .gov pays for them, and the Big Pharma aren't so concerned about your health as their bank accounts.
Unfortunately, it has been that way for a long time. Concern over both doesn't leave a big enough piece of the pie for them, evidently.

Reactions: Danzig and RIP

· Registered
1,576 Posts
I believe I saw they were voting to make the jab a childhood immunization requirement/recommendation (we all know what that means).
It really is time to dump the unelected alphabet agencies and stop letting them make up their own rules.
The friggin elected are bad enough, and they have done little for their constituents in recent times.

· Registered
1,576 Posts
Reactions: Danzig
1 - 20 of 27 Posts