Conversion Question

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by Glocked, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Glocked

Glocked New Member

I'm looking for a barrel to convert my G33 .357 sig into a .40 cal. I know there are barrels to convert G27 to G33. I'm not sure if I could just take the barrel from a 27 and drop it into my 33. I'd like to start enjoying some cheaper .40 ammo on occasion.

However, I do know that you Can Not drop a barrel from a G22 into a G33. It took me 2 hours and 3 hands to get the slide back off!!

I would appreciate any feedback.

2. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

I do not believe there is an upwards conversion barrel for your caliber to .40SW, and if there was, I would recommend against it because the basic firearm was made to take the pressures (and recoil impulse) of a .357SIG and not the .40SW

Generally, conversions are downwards in caliber (ex: a .40SW Glock can convert to fire 9mm).

3. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

They use all the same internals, same recoil spring, etc. You can swap the barrels.

Some websites list "conversion" barrels but they are just standard 40 s&w barrels.

I have shot the 23 barrel in my 33. Sticks out an inch but works fine.

http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=7160&CAT=723

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  4. Glocked

Glocked New Member

I just found on this website that it is possible to change from 357 sig to 40 cal.

Why would the G22 barrel not fit the G33?

Also, can I change it to 9mm using a G26 barrel?

Here is the web site I just read...

http://glockstore.com/blog_detail/72_Convert_Your_Glock_357_40_Caliber_and_Vice

5. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

They have a different locking lug.

6. Glocked

Glocked New Member

Is there anyway to convert to 9mm using a G26 barrel? Not sure if you're referring to the lugs on the 26 or 22. I now know they are different in the 22 from the 33 for sure.

I really appreciate your help.

7. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

8. Glocked

Glocked New Member

That chart is great. That's exactly what I needed. Again, thank you very much for your help.

Here is a picture of the glock barrel chart for anyone else that may be interested....

image-2078928543.jpg