Conversion kits

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by singyourdeathsong, Jul 10, 2012.

1. singyourdeathsong

singyourdeathsong New Member

How many different calibers can I convert my g23 gen 3 into? And what are they? Don't know much on this topic

2. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

2 other than .40 which it already is. 9mm and .357 sig

3. DrumsnGuns

DrumsnGuns New Member

Technically 3, as you could also get a conversion kit for .22lr

4. KingSanchez

KingSanchez New Member

I believe the .357 is just a stop in stock part.

5. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

You can get a LWD, Storm Lake, or KKM (?) 40/9mm conversion barrel
    Drop that in. For reliability's sake, grab a few G19 mags and G19 extractor. Drop those in and shoot 9mm all day.

You can get a Stock GLock 32 Barrel for .357 sig conversion. Wait, G32 or 31. I've lost my mind. one of those two. The 23 mags are supposed to work with the stock .357 sig barrel

Advantage arms .22 LR conversion kit. Comes with a complete .22 LR slide and mag.

Hopefully someone will chime in with the model for the .357 Sig barrel. I've totally drawn a blank.

HTH
    D

6. KingSanchez

KingSanchez New Member

Yeah it's 32 for the 23 and the 40 mags will work.

I've considered this conversion because it would be cheapest (besides ammo depending on where you search) and I could use my 22 round mags with .357 sig. I think that would be fun. Super snappy but fun.

7. singyourdeathsong

I've never shot the .357 sig, does it have more recoil or snap than the .40? I've been considering 9mm conversion, I just don't know if I can go smaller than .40! Maybe a new spring and guide rid along with the .357 conversion barrel!!

8. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    A bit sharper. Was at a competition with Sheriffs deputies. Most had G22's . After my turn with my G31 they came up and asked what I was shooting noting the different report and recoil.

9. Basically with the 357Sig round you're turning your Glock into a semi-auto 357Mag. Ballistics are pretty much the same [email protected] Don't know why this cartridge hasn't caught on more with Law Enforcement and displaced the 40S&W more. Oh well, time will tell if it's going to or not. Either way it's a heck of a round.

10. singyourdeathsong

So it's about as heavy as a nine? How about the prices? Sounds like a fun round to shoot, anyone know where to get some good priced kits??

11. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    The .357sig shoots a 9mm bullet at 200fps+ over the regular 9x19mm round. If you have a .40 already all you really need is a conversion barrel. You can get a LoneWolf barrel for a little over $100. .40 magazines will work fine. If your wanting increased power, penetration and distance it's a great round.

12. singyourdeathsong

Awesome man I like the idea, not too pricey for a new gun in theory

13. singyourdeathsong

Oh and I forgot the most important, accuracy!?

14. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

They're going to be more accurate than the shooter.
    Not saying you're a bad shot, just saying accuracy is NOT an issue with the conversion kits/barrels.

D

15. singyourdeathsong

Not sure if I understand what your getting at, I was asking about the round itself... But now that I think about it, it seems like a stupid question... Lol