Conversion Kit Issues

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by monker961, Nov 3, 2013.

1. monker961

monker961 New Member

I bought a used Glock 17 last spring. I had a Glock armorer look at it, and other than being oily, he said it was in great condition. I then bought an Advantage Arms 22 conversion kit for it. As thoroughly discussed in forums like this, I do have an occasional miss-feed or ejection issue. My real issue is that it often fires multiple rounds. It frequently lets go two or three rounds with a single trigger squeeze. Anyone else dealt with this problem?

2. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Active Member Lifetime Supporting Member

You're the first I've heard of having this issue.

I take it, that this is NOT happening when you have the regular slide on it.

If this is only happening with the AA kit and If this is a new kit, get on the phone with AA ASAP. I believe something on the kit, possibly the striker, may be slightly out of spec and they need to warranty replace the kit.

If it's a used kit, then you may have to start replacing parts on the kit.

You definitely don't want to get in trouble with the ATF. Check out the David olofson case. Not exactly the same as your case, but he also claimed a "malfunction" in his defense.

Just my $0.02.

D

3. MeNGlock

MeNGlock Old Man Member

I'm subscribing to this to find out what is going on here.

I have 2 of the AA kits and never had this happen. Hell, I never heard of this happening.

Please let us know what you find out is wrong. :)

4. kingfhb

kingfhb New Member

I have an AA kit on my G19, never had this issue.

5. Monte4283

Monte4283 New Member

Tagging this thread also. Never had this issue with my AA conv kit. Also have never heard of anyone having this issue.

As stated by dwcfastrice above, I would contact AA about this ASAP.

Please report back when you figure out what is happening with it.