Conversion from 17 to 17C?

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by guak2, Feb 25, 2012.

1. guak2

guak2 New Member

Hi there ,

This is my first post so excuse me if isn't done correctly.

I've been wondering if you can buy a replacement slide and barrel for a 17c and if it wud it fit a standard 17? Or is there a kit to make it compensated? I wanted to get a 17c originally but were not available at the time and won't be for a while. By the way I live in CA so I'm limited on options. :( thanks for reading.

2. american lockpicker

american lockpicker New Member

You might try looking for a used slide and barrel.

3. Magnum27

Magnum27 New Member

So I am a noob and have heard this issue. What is the positive thing about getting it compensated. The ONLY thing I have read is less recoil - but on a 9mm it really seems worthless.

I am interested because I am buying my first gun and was going for a 17c but then everything I read said there is no reason for it.

4. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Well-Known Member

A lot of people feel it works well for competition. I don't care for compensated barrels. I like maximum velocity from my ammunition. I'm sure Box of Truth has some article on it.

It's also a pain to clean to vents. I have a compensated 357 magnum snubby and 12 gauge shotgun. Higher calibers, I see, can use a little help. Non-Magnums don't really make much difference in my hands.

5. BORIS

BORIS New Member

Magnaport will be cheaper than a new slide and barrel.

Google them

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum guak2 !!

7. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

If you got a 17C slide and barrel, it would work on a Gen3 G17 frame.

Glockmeister sells brand new uppers, you could call them and ask them if they have a G17C slide and barrel.

8. guak2

guak2 New Member

I have gen 4 g17 would that still work?