Conversion barrels?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by bigben, Apr 18, 2012.

1. bigben

bigben Member

Hey. I am getting a Glock. I have been very torn between the 17 and the 22. I was talking to a buddy about this problem and he said get the G22 and a lone wolf conversion barrel to make it a 9mm whenever I want to just do some cheaper shooting. What is ya'll's take on these barrels? Good or bad. I want all the info I can get.

2. They seem to be just fine. I thought they were only for the 27, but I bet I'm wrong.

3. bigben

bigben Member

The glock store book has them. $124. I'm not sure if that is a good price or not tho.

4. cdadler

cdadler New Member

Yes they make them for the 22, and that's a good price compared to some other barrels.

5. mauro3005

mauro3005 New Member

Yea they are good. I think they can be found for $100 though. Only thing I've heard is weird ejection with the conversion barrel but now reliability issue just erratic ejection.

6. bigben

bigben Member

Not sure what shipping is on it tho. Lol. Have y'all ever seen one used? Would they need anything other than the barrel and a mag?

7. bigben

bigben Member

Read my mind. Lol

8. bigben

bigben Member

Where could I get one that cheap?

9. cdadler

cdadler New Member

No doubt, for $100 and a mag that would be a great alternative.

10. mauro3005

mauro3005 New Member

Nope that is all. Glock 17 mags. Or the 33rd beast mag. But I've seen people on the forum say they use 40 cal mag with no issues. If u think about it there's not much of a size difference so it should work

11. bigben

bigben Member

That would be sweet!!! I'm really excited about the new G22 gen 4. I like the extra knockdown of the .40 but I like the prices of the 9mm a little better too. My LGS offers me a great price too!!!

12. littleposerfish

littleposerfish New Member

i found some on ebay. mags too.

13. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

I just picked a 40-9 barrel up from LWD. Haven't shot it yet. I'm going to try my .40 mags before I buy any 9mm mags. They screwed up and sent me the .40L it's basically for the 22 & I have a 23 so it's 1/2 inch longer. I paid total 150 to my door.

14. bigben

bigben Member

That's awesome!!! Where was that Flockmaster?

15. bigben

bigben Member

*** Glockmaster

16. drop_point2690

drop_point2690 New Member

I've got a 35 with a line wolf 9mm conversion barrel. Put close to 1000 rounds through with no issues. I would recommend using the 9mm magazines instead of trying to make the .40 work.

17. I have a G35 too. I did buy the conversion barrel and the 33 round mag, but I haven't shot it yet!!:(

18. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Loanwolf.com under conversion barrels.

19. drop_point2690

drop_point2690 New Member

I had to get it... I'd rather pay .18 cents instead of .35 for plinking...lol

20. I'll be shooting mine next weekend and unleashing 33 rounds of FURY!!! Hopefully:)