Glock Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a conversion barrel for a 10mm to a 40? Kkm or lwd? Any input on performance of either of the two? I heard I can just use my 10mm mags and they will feed fine also. Is this true?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
i am interested in buying a conversion barrel for my G38 but it was not on the list on there sight. i think it would be pretty cool to have a different cal to shot from the same auto.

·
Registered
4 Posts
shiflet said:
Anyone know of a conversion barrel for a 10mm to a 40? Kkm or lwd? Any input on performance of either of the two? I heard I can just use my 10mm mags and they will feed fine also. Is this true?
I have a lone wolf 10/40 barrel coming on Monday for my g 20 2nd gen. I've already shot 200+ 40 s&w in my stock Glock no problem with 10mm mags. I will report back on the lone wolf.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a lone wolf 10MM barrel for my g20 so I can shoot lead. Works great. No problems at all. I should be getting my 10 to 40 conversion tomorrow or wednesday at the latest will let you know how it shoots.
Hogslayer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Put 200 rounds through my lone wolf 40 conversion barrel no problem with stock 15 rd 10mm mags. I might get a lighter recoil spring to throw the casings over my head.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i am interested in buying a conversion barrel for my G38 but it was not on the list on there sight. i think it would be pretty cool to have a different cal to shot from the same auto.
It is pretty cool but not available for the G38. You got the GAP to be different right? That's the price of admission to that club.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Put 200 rounds through my lone wolf 40 conversion barrel no problem with stock 15 rd 10mm mags. I might get a lighter recoil spring to throw the casings over my head.
Sweet! Good thinking on the lighter recoil spring. As you know, the 40 has much less recoil energy than the 10mm. If cases are just dribbling out the ejection port with the conversion barrel in place, you definitely want a lighter spring. The factory .40 Glock 22 spring is supposed to be 17# but I think they run less in reality. I don't have my armorer's manual on hand, I think the G20 10mm is rated the same, if not the same spring. Sorry, don't see many 10's in the shop so I don't know off the top of my head. I do know that many folks that run aftermarket springs in full-power 10mm use weights like 20# and 22# with uncaptured steel guide rods such as Wolffe or Lone Wolf.

Anyways, your also trying to push more slide mass when firing the .40 out of a G20, so a lighter spring is a good idea. I'd use an uncaptured steel guide rod and get a couple of springs in the range of 15# to 18# and see which one gives positive ejection.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sweet! Good thinking on the lighter recoil spring. As you know, the 40 has much less recoil energy than the 10mm. If cases are just dribbling out the ejection port with the conversion barrel in place, you definitely want a lighter spring. The factory .40 Glock 22 spring is supposed to be 17# but I think they run less in reality. I don't have my armorer's manual on hand, I think the G20 10mm is rated the same, if not the same spring. Sorry, don't see many 10's in the shop so I don't know off the top of my head. I do know that many folks that run aftermarket springs in full-power 10mm use weights like 20# and 22# with uncaptured steel guide rods such as Wolffe or Lone Wolf.

Anyways, your also trying to push more slide mass when firing the .40 out of a G20, so a lighter spring is a good idea. I'd use an uncaptured steel guide rod and get a couple of springs in the range of 15# to 18# and see which one gives positive ejection.
They weren't dribbling out the port it was throwing them straight back in my face lol. I'm thinking a 15# would probably be perfect. What is the best place online that you can buy the uncaptured guide rod and spring set?

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
It is pretty cool but not available for the G38. You got the GAP to be different right? That's the price of admission to that club.
oh, dont get me wrong, i love the .45 GAP and stand beside it. its a great cal, and i love the concept, it is growing fast as others have caught on to it. i am not saying it rivals any other cal, i just love this round myself. as far as joining the club, i never signed up for fan mail on nothing but GLOCK period lol, as i love there guns more than any other i have had, YES even Kimber. as i read from a post earlier," and i loved it", a Kimber is what you show to your friends, a GLOCK is what you take to battle. i just like the concept of being able to shot different rounds through the same frame without taking 3 to 4 pistols to the range. i love shooting everything not just one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts