Glock Firearms banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

We always talk about the need and our desire of Glock coming out with a single stack "mini" 9mm.
Has anybody called them or send them an email asking about it?
They have a pretty good customer service. They might be honest enough to tell us about their plans,

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,430 Posts
Sent them a question on another topic. No response but they sent me a promo package containing 1 patch 1 sticker 1 pin 1 pen 1 lanyard and 1 keychain.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Glock will not discuss future plans. They are one of the most secretive companies out there. You can email them and tell them you'd like to see one, but the extent of their response, if you get one, will be thanks, but we have no plans to make one. Most likely, you won't get that much.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What's the big secret? Everyone has already copied their design. . I'm sure they 're working on one as we speak. They're losing too much market share in the whole conceal carry frenzy. I had a PPS for awhile and with a flush mag its the perfect cc weapon. I don't care for Walthers' relationship with S&W though. I fell for the Gen4 hoopla. It's no better than a Gen3 and some might say worse. It was a gimmick and it worked. If they released a single stack version of the 9mm and .40 sells would go through the roof.

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
I fell for the Gen4 hoopla. It's no better than a Gen3 and some might say worse. It was a gimmick and it worked.
There is no "hoopla" or "gimmick" to Gen4's. There's some obvious design changes that some, including myself like.

The grip texture and the smaller grip are the two main things that have caused me to buy several Gen4's and put the Gen3's down. I like the newer finish compared to Gen3's, it seems to hold up better. The internals on the other hand, Glock should have simply left alone. Giving external options was one thing but to redo internals that have been working for 20+yrs......pffft.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
What's the big secret? Everyone has already copied their design. . I'm sure they 're working on one as we speak. They're losing too much market share in the whole conceal carry frenzy. I had a PPS for awhile and with a flush mag its the perfect cc weapon. I don't care for Walthers' relationship with S&W though. I fell for the Gen4 hoopla. It's no better than a Gen3 and some might say worse. It was a gimmick and it worked. If they released a single stack version of the 9mm and .40 sells would go through the roof.
Glock already tried the single stack with the G36. It didn't sell well. That was long time ago. If they were going to continue with the slim line, they would've done it long ago. They don't need to expand the line; they've still got the market cornered. All these pocket size pistols are great, until you actually shoot them, and then you realize how unpleasant they are to shoot.

Besides, in all of these pocket guns, at most they are .19 inches thinner, with most being .18 inches thinner, and the rest of the dimensions being the same. For that slight reduction in thickness, you lose 1/3-1/2 of your magazine capacity.

I've been through several of them and I keep coming back to the baby Glocks. The PPS was junk and it was painful to shoot enough to be proficient with. The same is true of all of its direct competition. When you lose the ability to get a solid two hand grip, you give up a lot.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jonm61 said:
I've been through several of them and I keep coming back to the baby Glocks.
The same is true of all of its direct competition. When you lose the ability to get a solid two hand grip, you give up a lot.
I agree with you somehow. I always keep coming back to the baby Glocks. Nothing is like a Glock.

However, I still want a Glock of the same size as the Sig P290 and the Beretta Nano.
They are both comfortable to shoot. Although, one is not going to shoot it as much as a range gun, because it is definitely just a close distance combat gun that you put in your pocket when nothing else is appropriate.

I love my baby Glocks, but I still want a micro Glock for those situations.

·
Registered
190 Posts
IMHO, the Walther PPS is about as close as you will get to a single stack 9/40 Glock. It has about the same weight and mass as a 26. Walther just transferred that weight and mass from width to height. So the slide is thinner, but taller than a 26. Recoil should be about the same as a 26, I haven't been able to rent or borrow one to try it out, but all the videos and reviews I've seen and read about the PPS are mostly positive.

Here is a video from Hickok45 on the PPS
[ame]http://youtu.be/unOXaB3QoYk[/ame]

·
Banned
4,056 Posts
If you want a single stack micro Glock in 9mm, get a Diamondback DB9. It's like slapping your hand against a brick wall, but it's pretty much a Glock in design.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Anyone wanting a single stack 9mm / .40 should go out and try the Kahr CM9 / CM40.

Thin, reliable, comfortable to shoot, very easy to conceal, no manual safeties, no magazine disconnect... they're basically the Glocks we all want... they just happen to be made by Kahr.

·
Registered
190 Posts
chief203 said:
Anyone wanting a single stack 9mm / .40 should go out and try the Kahr CM9 / CM40.

Thin, reliable, comfortable to shoot, very easy to conceal, no manual safeties, no magazine disconnect... they're basically the Glocks we all want... they just happen to be made by Kahr.
Kahr triggers are nothing like the Glock. The PPS trigger is.

·
Registered
63 Posts
jln370 said:
Kahr triggers are nothing like the Glock. The PPS trigger is.
http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/the-walther-pps-gun-review/

I just read up on the PPS. I must stay that it is closer to a Glock than the Kahr is. Not only because of the scissor trigger and break style but also the changeable backstraps like the Gen4's have.

Very nice gun. I have not tried it out but with that price tag of a few $100 more dollars than the Kahr, I don't think I will. I don't mind the revolver-like trigger of the Kahrs and find the Kahrs to be a better value.

If money was not a factor for me, the PPS would definitely be on my list though.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Single stack 9/40

If you want a nice single stack 9 or 40, check out the new S&W Shield. I bought the 9 Shield and it is a great gun. Nice trigger and very low recoil. I have said this several times Glock is missing the boat on this class of handgun. The reason the G36 didn't sell that well is no one wanted a .45 in that small of a frame (too much punishment). If they would put out a single stack 9/40 it would sell like hotcakes. Is anyone at Glock reading this forum?.....hint...hint.

·
Registered
205 Posts
40caljim said:
If you want a nice single stack 9 or 40, check out the new S&W Shield. I bought the 9 Shield and it is a great gun. Nice trigger and very low recoil. I have said this several times Glock is missing the boat on this class of handgun. The reason the G36 didn't sell that well is no one wanted a .45 in that small of a frame (too much punishment). If they would put out a single stack 9/40 it would sell like hotcakes. Is anyone at Glock reading this forum?.....hint...hint.
Agree. I just got my Shield 9mm last week after months hunting it down. Ordered Raven and mag holster for it. And it will be my new EDC.

·
1,612 Posts
What is the benefit of a micro sized 9mm? So you don't have to alter your dress habits to carry a gun? Carry a Glock, plan your wardrobe around it.

I know, I know, there will always be an exception, and then you'll need a micro gun, but for 90%(my guess) of the time a baby Glock(or G30 in my case) could be carried if you work around the gun.

·
I have the body of a god........Budda
6,346 Posts
Was at our source for police trade-ins today which is a Glock distributor and talked about thinner,single stack mag 9mm. They said they have been asking for same on Glock surveys for years.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts