Glock Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Glock 30 and I am considering going to 10mm just for kicks no real purpose. I have been reading that all it takes is a barrel and a magazine and you should be good. I am the kind of person that doesn't want to be just "good" I want it to be completely reliable. So in my reading I find I will need the Barrel, stronger recoil spring and an extractor no mention of the ejector.

So in a effort to find out what actually is needed I traveled to a gun shop yesterday and asked if the armorer was available. He was their it so I asked my question. His answer was another " you should be good" response. Take in mind this is coming from a supposedly certified Glock armorer.

Answer is their is no need to change the ejector the 29 & 30 lower ends are exactly the same.

Another thing he said that purchasing 10mm mags Is no needed "just load up your 45 mags with 10mm and you will do just fine"

Am I the only person who thinks this makes no since.

You guys know alot more about this stuff than I do is he correct is incorrect?

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Banned
636 Posts
I dont see how the .45 mag would fit 10mm but Ive been wrong once or twice in my life.

9mm, 7.62x25, 357sig, 10mm, 45SW, 45GAP, 50AE

·
1,310 Posts
OneOldGoat said:
I have a Glock 30 and I am considering going to 10mm just for kicks no real purpose. I have been reading that all it takes is a barrel and a magazine and you should be good. I am the kind of person that doesn't want to be just "good" I want it to be completely reliable. So in my reading I find I will need the Barrel, stronger recoil spring and an extractor no mention of the ejector.

So in a effort to find out what actually is needed I traveled to a gun shop yesterday and asked if the armorer was available. He was their it so I asked my question. His answer was another " you should be good" response. Take in mind this is coming from a supposedly certified Glock armorer.

Answer is their is no need to change the ejector the 29 & 30 lower ends are exactly the same.

Another thing he said that purchasing 10mm mags Is no needed "just load up your 45 mags with 10mm and you will do just fine"

Am I the only person who thinks this makes no since.

You guys know alot more about this stuff than I do is he correct is incorrect?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Don't buy a Glock 29 barrel, buy a glock 30 barrel in 10 mm conversion (they are different). Then, try your mags to see how they work, but g29 mags may work better. I'd call Kevin at http://www.kkmprecision.com/ Great barrels!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts