Glock Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Glockin’ since 1993
50,252 Posts
In Florida you can carry is many guns as you can conceal at Once. And any One you want to carry for the day. actually I don’t think we have gun Permits we have weapon permits. There’s a difference. Any Legal weapon concealed. except if you’re hunting or fishing or camping you can open carry a side arm. no constitutional carry yet or open if not the above. DeSantis wants constitutional carry from the legislators but they are not wanting to do it.We have a bunch of rhinos in Tallahassee.o in case anybody doesn’t know Rick Scott signed into law that you do not need a carry permit For 48 hours while Evacuated from a hurricane.
The Texas legislature dragged their feet for several years on Constitutional Carry. I think Florida is on the same path.
No limits that I know of in Texas as far as what and how many, that was even under our CHL/LTC law I believe.
A lot of Southern states amended their 2A laws after Hurricane Katrina. Lots of people had guns confiscated from them, especially in Louisiana.

·
Super Moderator
58,018 Posts
In Florida you can carry is many guns as you can conceal at Once. And any One you want to carry for the day. actually I don’t think we have gun Permits we have weapon permits. There’s a difference. Any Legal weapon concealed. except if you’re hunting or fishing or camping you can open carry a side arm. no constitutional carry yet or open if not the above. DeSantis wants constitutional carry from the legislators but they are not wanting to do it.We have a bunch of rhinos in Tallahassee.o in case anybody doesn’t know Rick Scott signed into law that you do not need a carry permit For 48 hours while Evacuated from a hurricane.
CCW Concealed Carry Weapon.

·
Registered
2nd Gen Glock 19 since 1997.
45 Posts
I carry in an OWB positioned at 3 o'clock with an extra magazine carried at 9 o'clock. When driving I have a holster mounted underneath the steering column. Pistol goes into the car holster upon entering the vehicle and returns to my OWB holster prior to exiting the vehicle. Seems to work for me. YMMV.

·
Registered
Glock 17. Easy on my arthritis
33 Posts
In California when you apply for a CCW you have list the specific gun(s) you intend to conceal carry, including serial number(s). If the CCW permit is granted, you can then concealed carry any of the guns listed on the permit, but not any other gun. California does not have constitutional carry so everyone has to go through the CCW process. The process has become (much) easier after Bruen with "good cause" being dropped but it still is a lengthy process depending on which county you live in. The "post Bruen era" is a new landscape for the sheriff's departments and they are still trying to come to grasps with the vast increase of CCW applications, and streamlining the process. Well that is my impression based on what I read and heard.
I watched some FB videos of the smash and grabs in SF CA. Does the state have a castle doctrine or any laws that allow the owner to protect their property as well as themselves? The mayor of Dallas got a law passed that didn't arrest people for thefts under $750 but with Texas's castle doctrine we really don't have a theft in broad daylight and plain sight like I saw in California and new York. Just curious.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
50,252 Posts
I watched some FB videos of the smash and grabs in SF CA. Does the state have a castle doctrine or any laws that allow the owner to protect their property as well as themselves? The mayor of Dallas got a law passed that didn't arrest people for thefts under $750 but with Texas's castle doctrine we really don't have a theft in broad daylight and plain sight like I saw in California and new York. Just curious.
I don’t believe the Mayor had anything to do with it. It’s the policy of the District Attorneys office.
I don’t believe Castle Laws cover businesses but I’m sure it would vary from state to state.
Even in Texas, if businesses started shooting thieves they’d be sued out of existence.
Brazen thieves deserve a beat down for sure.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yes, we do have a castle doctrine, but that applies to your own home, not the protection of property. And trust me, everybody here is getting sick and tired of the lawlessness, to a point where the former district attorney (Boudin) was recalled by SF voters and replaced by Brooke Jenkins, who is much more conservative. I like her but her hands are tied, the laws being what they are.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts