Concealed Carry Recoprocity

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by TampaBaySean, Jun 11, 2012.

1. chuckds

chuckds Certified Glock Armorer

Email it to yourself

NRA member, GSSF member and a GCA.
    Sent from my Commodore 64 yesterday.

2. Longrifle48

Longrifle48 New Member

Emails are not secure...

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Forum

3. chuckds

chuckds Certified Glock Armorer

Banks are also, stay away from them.

NRA member, GSSF member and a GCA.
    Sent from my Commodore 64 yesterday.

4. Reloader54

Reloader54 New Member

I use the site www.gunlawsbystate.com. They have all of the gun laws for every state and they also let you know which state will also honor your CCW permit from your state as well. They also update their site when states update or pass new laws that go into effect. You can also sign up with their site and get e-mails about any changes to gun laws for your state as well. They are also on Facebook and Tweeter as well.

5. Mirage

Mirage New Member

Wow - thank you!

6. davetheglockguy

davetheglockguy DaveTheGlockGuy

The site doesn't work on the iPhone, but thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Forum

7. wrpNYFL

wrpNYFL Premium Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Legal Heat is an excellent app for iPhone and android. Has all 50 states CCW and Open Carry laws. Lots if other good info as well.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ...disarm only those neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." -- 1809, Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria's "Essay on Crimes and Punishments"

8. Warmerd4

Warmerd4 New Member

Legal Heat is the best one I have found.

9. Kranq

Kranq New Member

Az
    I've been using the CCW app for iPhone for quite a while and really like it. Additionally, I picked up the app "Posted" that goes with it. It lets me know which local businesses have posted their business a no guns zone, thus advertising... Shop somewhere else, I do not want your business.

10. ronnie948

ronnie948 Active Member

Maryland seems to be my only problem going up I-95 to Pennsylvania

I stay in Maryland with friends about once a year on vacation.
    New Jersey is also a PITA if I wanted to go to Wildwood to see a friend but I really don't need to go to that state.

It would be nice to have a federal carry permit but the bad part about that is the Government that we all trust so much will have a record of everybody and just what they own. DUH !!!!

Ronnie
    PS: I forgot about D.C.----and I got to thinking, "I won't need protection in Maryland or D.C. because they have absolutely "NO" crime at all in those states. ( NO GUNS ===NO CRIME)Same in Jersey.

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  11. JTrail

JTrail New Member

This may be a stupid question....but does Resident Permit mean a permit issued to you from the state you live in? I live in VA and have my VA permit. SC honors VA Resident Permit only. That means they honor mine right? I think I'm correct in my thinking, just want to be sure I'm clear.

12. You are correct.

If you went and got a FL carry permit, you would be issued a non-resident FL permit since FL is not your state of permanent residency.

13. JTrail

JTrail New Member

How many mass shootings have been committed by CC permit holders? I think I'm finally going to email our Attorney General and put in my 2 cents. Ridiculous!

14. smokewagon

smokewagon Member

Going out on a limb here... 0

15. JTrail

JTrail New Member

I'd say that's a pretty sturdy limb my friend.

16. rdm6680

rdm6680 New Member

17. JTrail

JTrail New Member

Yes. This is a rare event these days. Common sense approach for sure.